Director, Software Development - Intelligent Suite
We are currently seeking a Director, Software Development to lead the software development side of our Intelligent Suite team.
About Oracle NetSuite
At NetSuite, our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com.
About the Role:
NetSuite’s Intelligent Suite team builds Intelligent Insights, Interactions, and Experiences for our customers, using multiple machine learning systems. The team is growing, and we need a leader to be responsible for building, leading, and managing multiple software development/engineering teams who: 1) consult with feature teams looking to bring Intelligent Features to our customers, 2) provide acceleration to strategic Intelligent features; and 3) work on building tools/frameworks/other components to make building those features easier. The core of the team is in our Kitchener-Waterloo office but will expand globally in the coming years.
The role will involve driving NetSuite’s strategy with respect to Intelligence from an Engineering perspective in conjunction with other senior leaders. The role will involve working across departments throughout NetSuite to build common objectives and align and execute to achieve them.
We’re looking for someone who loves to work across a large, geographically and culturally diverse product organization; who considers a strong, effective team their primary work output; has the drive to want results now and the persistence to get them in a large organization; and is always looking for opportunities to improve aspects of our intelligent assistance features.
- Managing, directly or through managers, all developers and test developers in the Intelligent Suite team
- Developing short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Identifying opportunities to improve and enhance our customers experience with our software
- Developing rules of engagement for how feature teams can best work with Intelligent Suite
- Guiding teams towards agile, clean software development
- Managing the engineering side of NetSuite’s Intelligent Suite strategy in conjunction with Senior and Executive Leadership and leaders from other areas of NetSuite
- Defining, revising, and implementing standards for Development and QA for Intelligent Suite
- Monitoring teams’ adherence to NetSuite-wide Development, QA, and Deployment processes and best practices
You will fit perfectly if you have the following:
- A clear understanding of what makes successful software developers and software development teams
- Previous success building a team by leveraging individuals’ strengths and abilities, and hiring exceptional talent
- Demonstrated ability to drive change, manage ambiguity, and manage and take measured risks
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate complex concepts and nuanced strategy
- Ability to build support, visibility, and influence inside and outside your organization
- Passion for developing, coaching, and motivating others
- Desire to delight the customer by taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of projects
- Strong focus on quality software engineering
- Knowledge of software architecture
The person we hire will enjoy:
- Healthy breakfast options every morning.
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth.
- Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs.
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary.
- Working in an Agile environment. We can proudly say that Scrum works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, and retrospectives.
- Board games, card games, video games, and donuts.
- 1+ years managing managers
- 4+ years managing software development teams
- 7+ years software development experience
- 1+ years ML or data/analytics experience
- B.S. in a computing field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Java, Python, Web technologies
- Experience building SaaS business applications
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Skills to develop, debug, and understand large Java and SQL code base
- Strength and comfort in Unix systems
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 19000ZRT