Senior Software Developer
Enterprise Resource Planning
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
About Oracle NetSuite
Our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com.
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) division is made up of 60+ Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers/Researchers and Product Managers. Our office embodies the roots of a start-up culture within a large organization, and our ERP crew delivers on business-critical functionality every day. We offer great perks, such as a healthy breakfast, team events, and subsidized educational advancement opportunities.
About the ERP Warehouse Management Team
Come design, develop, and innovate with us to build the next generation of our world-class ERP system.
What You’ll Do Every Day
- Design and implement database-driven web application features and unit tests.
- Participate in and drive the team’s code review process in an active and timely fashion.
- Resolve production issues and work with team members, including Technical Support teams, to see their resolution through to completion.
- Collaborate with fellow team members (Testers, Developers, and Product Managers) to deliver on a shared responsibility for quality.
- Contribute to product roadmap discussions and implementation.
- Mentor more junior members of the team and co-op students.
- Help lead initiatives that make us stronger as a team (e.g. internal dashboarding, metrics for our success in production, improved build processes).
- Contribute ideas and effort for continuous improvement for the team, in its Agile process and in its general team effectiveness.
What You Bring to the Table
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering or related experience, in Java (preferred), C#, or C++
- Experience designing and building database-driven web applications
- Experience working with SQL (preferably in Oracle)
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, Web browsers
- Experience working in an agile team (one with developers and testers working on the same goal at the same time)
- Experience troubleshooting everything from your own development environment to client issues
- Superior communication skills
- Experience working with IDEs such as Eclipse or IDEA
- Experience working with code versioning tools such as Perforce or Git
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 1900141W