Senior Software Test Engineer
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Customer Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 18th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
Building on years of steady success with a growing global client base, we are implementing an ambitious new sales and marketing strategy as a key driver of our company-wide strategic reorganization and focus.
We are seeking talented, energetic and passionate individuals who want to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
What are we looking for?
With 6-8 years in progressive software quality assurance roles, you are not afraid to innovate methods, techniques, and procedures to achieve the desired results.
- Experience with release management and testing activities associated with the release
- Experience in designing and developing test tools and test cases based on functional requirements
- You have 3+ years of experience in Test Automation (e.g. using Selenium)
- You have a thorough understanding of quality assurance methodologies, processes, deliverables, and metrics
- You have demonstrated experience constructing and maintaining test automation frameworks
- You have practical experience with issue tracking, and hold a deep understanding of its strengths and weaknesses
- Comfortable working with code version tools (e.g. Git, Github, GitLab, Mercurial or SVN)
- Advanced skill in SQL and Java (all of our products use these as a base)
- An attitude of continuous learning
- A desire to take on projects of any size, both big and small
- Experience working on mobile and cross-browser supported projects
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
Nice to have:
- Experience working with SaaS or cloud service
- Experience mentoring others in growing their skills
- Working knowledge of web applications
If you have other skills, both soft and technical, we'd like to hear about those too. Have you worked with servers? Have you taken some leadership development courses? Do you have project management experience? Have you worked with continuous integration tools?
Tell us a bit about yourself and what interests you about this position. Your cover letter and resume can be submitted to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.