SaaS Systems Administrator/DBA
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, and expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content and conversation for a more productive and engaged workforce.
About the role
Igloo is looking for a SaaS Systems Administrator to join their IT Team. This role will report into the VP of IT and give you the opportunity to work with many different technologies in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be responsible for creating initiatives to improve the overall stability of the system and provide troubleshooting. Overtime, due to your proactive nature the need for troubleshooting will decline, as you implement proactive measures.
With your experience, you will be able to identify defects and troubleshoot effectively. You’re resourceful but also know when to seek support from your team. Collaborating with various teams comes naturally to you and you have seen successful projects through from initiation to close.
- Process Improvement: continuous updates to deployment documentation as processes improve and change.
- Troubleshooting: investigate and troubleshoot performance, .net and network (this includes tools like wireshark, browser dev tools, Fiddler, etc.) issues to determine corrective actions
- Teamwork: work cross functionally with Development and Support to deliver projects to specify, design, develop, test, and implement cloud deployments
- Problem Solve: leverage your experience to find the root cause of defects and work to proactively address them
- Automate: identify areas where we can programmatically automate routine cloud deployment, administration, and monitoring tasks
- Project Work: communicate and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders during deployment projects
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in enterprise application deployment experience
- Experience with cloud platforms, visualization platforms and containers (Azure & VMWare)
- Experience migrating and scaling from on-premises to the cloud
- Experience scaling web apps including auto scaling
- Strong experience with MSSQL Database administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with the scripting language Powershell
- C# and web development skills
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Self- starter with track record of initiating process improvement and automation
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in security protection is an asset
- Experience in networking using Cisco, HP, F5 is an asset
- Ability & willingness to work on-call rotational schedule
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.