Chief Technology Officer
As CTO, you will be a key member and contributor to Athena Software’s Executive team, integral in aligning Athena’s technology vision with its business strategy, all the while cultivating Athena’s next wave of leaders. Helming the Technology department, you will provide solid technical expertise and people leadership to the Cloud Operations, Quality Assurance, Architecture, Tech Ops, and Software Development teams.
Leadership, vision and disciplined execution are the keys to your success. Athena Software is investing in our people to make a transformational change to reach new levels of organizational maturity. This brings tremendous impact on our products, our cloud strategy, and the way we go about reliably delivering high quality solutions to our Customers on time, on quality and on budget.
Athena Software has been around 20 years, and we are excited to continue to embrace the ‘start-up’ mindset and culture. Embracing growth, change and agility to achieve sustainable scalability, while tackling the many challenges these growth ambitions bring. We need you to lead us through the technological and operational challenges of the transformation of our legacy code, and continue the journey of bringing our SaaS platform firmly into a future state, beyond any of our competitors with a sense of pace and focus.
You will be instrumental in the development and oversight of both strategic and tactical deliverables, managing the department, the operating budget, and associated resources toward those ends. A collaborative partner and influencer to other functional departments at Athena Software, including Product Management, Customer Experience, Sales, Operations, and Marketing, you will be essential in creating and delivering a strong brand, product, service and culture.
- Establish the company’s technical vision, and lead all aspects of the company’s next generation technological development; prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of existing, near term and future technology strategies.
- Lead change in seeking out continuous improvements and championing the adoption of best practices in our SDLC and provisioning of our SaaS service.
- Collaborate and align your department with the Product Management team to deliver on the Athena Software product roadmap; maintaining in-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, competitors technology platforms-- and related strengths and weaknesses-- in order to inform the technological response to Athena’s product roadmap.
- Instill a customer-centric design and quality-centric way of working into everything the Technology team does, using best practices, continuous improvement to ensure desired outcomes are achieved on time, on quality and on budget; partner with other functional areas to accomplish the same by fostering a culture of teamwork, collaboration, accountability, ownership, innovation and trust.
- Drive, sponsor and lead strategic initiatives; working with Product Management, Customer Experience, Corporate Services, Sales, Operations and Marketing departments to deliver on the highest priority initiatives in the interest of Customer outcomes success.
- Oversee Cloud Operations to ensure effective provisioning of our SaaS service, scalability of our cloud infrastructure, and achieve our SLA of 99.99% guaranteed uptime across 13 time zones.
- Steward security and compliance over unauthorized access, data residency, application security and handling of our customer’s personal and health information (PHI) data.
- Constantly tracking and evaluating new technologies, tools and approaches to ensure Athena’s technology platform stays progressive, adaptive, scalable and affordable to its internal and external customers.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s product to Customers.
- Participate as a member of the Executive team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure risks are identified, managed, and resources are used responsibly.
- Develop, track, and control the development and implementation of annual operating departmental budgets.
- As informed by the company’s strategic plan, direct the company’s strategic technology vision, direction, development, and areas of future opportunity.
- Serve as a technical product expert and evangelize the company’s technical vision internally and externally to Customers, and other stakeholders.
- Proven experience as a CTO or in a similar technological leadership role in a SaaS software company environment.
- Expertise in agile, continuous integration and other methodologies of the SDLC.
- Solid foundation with the full stack of web application and AWS cloud services.
- Solid understanding of web applications, JS frameworks, and relational databases.
- Experience with our stack (Java, PostgreSQL, Redis, Resin Apache along with AWS services).
- A strategic mindset and ability to develop, inspire, and implement a change management agenda.
- Creative, forward-thinking while balancing the requirement to ensure controls and security, as well as effectively handle tactical challenges.
- Proven leadership and people management skills demonstrated through motivating and inspiring high performance teams with consideration to proactive succession planning.
- Proven agility and mindset to partner effectively with the Executive team on the vision, growth, culture and future of the business.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating the work of diverse, cross functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong project management and budgeting experience.
- A background in organizational design; ability to assess the current structure and envision a future structure closely aligned with the roadmap and strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated expertise to solve conflict regarding demands for time and resources creatively with multiple stakeholders.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.