Executive Support Specialist (Up to 12 Month Contract)
Are you driven and self-motivated? Do you thrive in a fast paced, high energy, independent role? Do you pride yourself on building and maintaining strong relationships? If you answered yes, we want you to join our first-class Internal Operations team!
Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
Reporting to the Internal Operations Manager, the Executive Support Specialist takes independent action to initiate executive support, primarily focusing on the operational needs of the executive team and their departments.
As the first point of contact for the CARFAX Canada executive team, the successful candidate will possess an exceptionally professional and calm demeanor, with a high level of initiative, emotional intelligence, judgment, flexibility and problem-solving skills. Working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, the Executive Support Specialist will provide a dynamic level of support to the executives and their teams.
- Provide full operational support to all nine executive team members including the President, Vice-Presidents and Corporate Counsel
- Responsible for strategic time management and organization of executives’ time
- Manage daily calendars including scheduling of meetings and all travel arrangements
- Complete executives’ monthly expense reports
- Support planning and logistics for small department offsite and team building, including executive offsites and strategic sessions
- Vendor management of company travel and accommodation partners and necessary reporting
- Assist in preparing documents and presentations which are highly confidential in nature
- Use professional judgment to screen, prioritize, and determine actions for incoming emails and inquiries
- Liaise with executives and employees throughout the company in a professional and confidential manner
- Function as a proxy team member for the Experience Coordinator and Internal Operations Coordinator, able to support event and program planning, shipping and receiving, and other Internal Operations initiatives and tasks
- Ad hoc assignments as required
- High degree of flexibility with their hours of work, including ability to work evenings and/or weekends when required
- Display initiative, a high degree of accuracy, organization and attention to detail, problem solving and judgment skills, as well as the ability to handle and prioritize numerous tasks simultaneously while under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to produce clear, concise and well-constructed communications
Education and experience required:
- 2-5 years administrative experience an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business administration preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of MS Office; with knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Exceptionally high standard of professionalism, confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills and discretion is required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experienced and highly proficient organizational and strategic time management skill set
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with people at various levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative, strong judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently while supporting a collaborative team environment
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario, and now has an office in Waterloo as well to support our growth. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
Applications will be accepted until September 5, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.