We deliver innovative solutions to healthcare executives and clinicians in real-time to help hospitals run more efficiently and transparently.
Our technology is currently implemented in 30+ hospital sites throughout Ontario and Manitoba, including the public-facing real-time Emergency Department wait time web site. This was launched by Kitchener’s St. Mary’s General (http://www.smgh.ca/ed-wait-times/), Grand River Hospital and Cambridge Memorial Hospital. Media attention and excellent results validate Oculys’ role as a leader and innovator in the growing trend toward patient-centric healthcare.
If you want to make a real-time difference and work closely with seasoned senior leaders to grow a Healthcare IT company, then we’d like to meet you to find out how you can contribute directly to our success.
Our office is located in Waterloo, Ontario and more information about the company can be found at: http://oculys.com/
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, technically experienced DevOps Engineer with the ability to help tactically execute a project portfolio. The successful candidate would be working on projects which range from automating infrastructure, provisioning, application deployment, monitoring and implementation of design utilization of the Microsoft Azure platform for our custom SaaS solutions.
As a member of the technical team, experience working in an environment where data security is a critical function of operations and being able to contribute to design decisions is highly desirable along with a solid foundation of industry practices in a SaaS environment.
What you will do
This role is responsible for:
· Participate in building and maintenance of a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform
· Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
· Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
· Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
· Troubleshoot application issues with the SWDEV Team
· Participate in on-call rotation as needed
· Set up and maintain the cloud environment
· Design, implement, and deploy workloads from initial architecture and design through development, testing, and deployment
· Participate in architectural discussions & requirements gathering to ensure customer success
· Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
· 3-5 years of professional work experience
· Systems administration and push automation expertise is a must
· Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments
· Preference to 3+ years hands on experience with Microsoft Azure
· Systems administration experience
· Experience with scripting languages for automation purposes (Powershell)
· Solid knowledge of DevOps Software Development Lifecycle and DevOps practices
· Strong understanding of system and networking concepts, software & network security and troubleshooting techniques
· Experience with continuous integration & deployment
Here are the kind of traits we value in our teams:
· Fast learner
· Ability to adapt to new technologies
· An eye for improving efficiencies and a commitment to creative problem solving
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - ability to set and enforce processes
· Proactive and effective verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical teammates
· Highly detailed oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills
· Works effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines
· Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment