Software Developer - Robot Networking
Position: Software Developer - Robot Networking
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 2+ Years relevant work experience
Education: Undergraduate degree (CS or equivalent)
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: OTTO Motors and Clearpath Robotics.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We believe in providing our clients with complete solutions revolutionizing manufacture and warehousing. Clearpath provides system software that allows its customers to direct and monitor their fleet of robots without having to worry about the details. We're looking for an experienced Software Developer to help us get our robots working in efficient harmony.
You will be responsible for the architecture, design, and integration of Clearpath’s fleet command and control component. Your initial challenge will be to architect a communication layer that permits a single fleet manager instance to control hundreds of robots while using minimal bandwidth and resources. You will work closely with the rest of the Clearpath development team to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions and will help with the integration of significant fleet deployments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, integration, and evolution of the fleet communication protocols and related software in the Linux domain (C/C++, python)
- Network and resource analysis to identify performance hotspots and reliability risks
- Participating in team-wide code, design and architecture reviews
- Concept development in conjunction with our application engineers
- Helping us hide the complexities of our robots fleets from our end users
- Supporting our customers in conception and software integration of their projects and use cases
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
Your software is reliable and efficient to the point where you'd be comfortable sealing it in a box sending it halfway around the world and telling it to find its way back. You are able to conceive, capture and implement well layered complex software solutions. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team, learn something new every day and you feel that your life is lacking in lasers and servomotors.
- 2+ years application development
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP stack and other network protocols
- Hands-on with RTSP protocol and Data Distribution Service
- Experience with source control, code/design review processes, etc.
- Experience with distributed computing and high-reliability systems
- Strong Linux platform experience
- Have shipped product
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Python experience
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.