Junior or Intermediate Software Engineer in Test
Associate Software Developer in Test - The role is a great match for someone serious about curating a career path in software testing. You should at a minimum know some of the popular methodologies. We are eager to teach but we will be interviewing for a pure passion that keeps your skills at the forefront of the software testing ecosystem.
We’re looking for a dynamic, agile, data-driven Associate SDET to join our Human Capital Management team and help deliver the highest quality software that empowers our users.
We’re a family of 60+ geeks: Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers, and Product Managers, with over 20 nationalities all collaborating in one space. We embody a positive and respectful culture in an inspiring office in the heart of downtown Kitchener.
Our team’s main focus is on Oracle-NetSuite's SuitePeople offering. We apply our deep understanding of HR challenges to enable organizations to engage with their workforce and rapidly respond to changing the business condition
Our company culture:
- We help each other and foster collaboration across roles and teams
- We lift each other up. We know how to celebrate our successes and learn from our failures
- All of our efforts center around delivering value to our customers
- Ideas are fragile and we consider them no matter how simple or outlandish they may be
- We always try to do the right thing – for ourselves, for the product and ultimately for our customers
The person we hire will enjoy
- Regular team events (movies, escape rooms, axe throwing, etc.)
- A healthy breakfast provided every morning
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth
- Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary
- Working in an Agile environment. We can proudly say that Scrum works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, and retrospectives
- Board games, card games, video games, and donuts
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
- Being open-minded for discussions and promoting team collaboration
- Having pride in your work
- Taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of your projects
- Proactive and preventative Quality Assurance practices
In this role, you will leverage your experience with delivering quality software products in order to:
- Getting down and dirty designing, developing and delivering automated and manual functional/integration test cases for the Web and mobile application.
- Contributing towards the delivery of high quality, testable software, from requirement analysis to acceptance testing.
- Actively participating in agile meetings with product management, design, and engineering.
- Ensuring comprehensive test coverage of test suites.
- Reporting bugs in a clear and concise manner and be prepared to support the team in performing root cause analysis.
Your qualifications & skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Ability to collaborate with other members on the team
- Problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
- Preferred qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with Java or any other similar Object-Oriented Programming language
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in a software QA role
- Experience with various automation frameworks (i.e. Junit)
- Firm grasp of testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with database-driven applications
- Knowledge of the Object-Oriented Programming Paradigm
- Familiar with Test-Driven Development
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience testing web applications
With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage to database and middleware, through applications. Learn more about Oracle http://oracle.com/us/corporate Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.