Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, and expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content and conversation for a more productive and engaged workforce.
The Financial Analyst will report into the Director of Finance & Analytics and manage our accounts payable, and assist with budgeting and forecasting. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting various internal departments and building strong relationships with leaders to assist them in managing their costs and personnel. You will bring experience to support the Finance team with budgeting, reforecasting and overall business reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity for upward mobility, where you will be able to learn different skills and work cross functionally within the organization on a small knit team. If you want to take advantage of the opportunity to take on additional responsibility and have a big impact on our Finance team this is the role for you.
- Accounts Payable: coordinate, process and pay incoming vendor invoices in a timely manner including coding invoices, performing data entry and cheque/EFT processing.
- Controls: assist in the development, implementation, and refinement of the control structure at Igloo, both in the finance department and across the organization.
- Budgeting: work with senior leadership to assist them in managing and forecasting costs and personnel in their respective departments
- Forecasting: supporting the department in forecasting budgetary changes and making necessary proactive adjustments.
- Expenses: Process employee expense reports and assist in SR&ED reporting.
- Analysis: understand data and provide ad hoc analysis and insights as needed.
- Reporting: updating and maintaining monthly reports and financial models.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance-related position
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education in business and finance/accounting.
- Completion or currently working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- Proven experience in taking responsibility for full-cycle accounting processes, policies and systems
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams effectively and with minimal supervision
- Passion for data management and organizational effectiveness
- Ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize data
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system or salesforce.com is an asset.
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.