QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD
At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs builds affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers’ homes and businesses. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels. By being thoughtful and elegant in our design, our products are friendly and easy for anyone to use.
We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We value results, not hours worked. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a healthy work/life balance without sacrificing your personal life or delivering ordinary products. We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you.
We are looking for a QA Lead to work closely with our engineering and software teams. We value people who are enthusiastic, engaged, and eager to work in a team committed to delivering industry-leading products and software.
As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for testing both our hardware and software products. You will start with system specifications and working with the development team, create and execute a test plan including exploratory testing of the software, manual testing of the hardware as well as creating jigs and scripts for automated testing of the system. In addition to identifying issues, you will document both the test procedure and results and work with the development team to help troubleshoot and generate reports and recommendations for the team. We value testers who have a keen eye for detail, have excellent communication skills and are enthusiastic and eager to work in a team committed to delivering industry-leading products and software.
- Post-secondary education in related field (computer science, electrical, computer engineering, etc.)
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience with QA methodology
- Experience creating test plans and methodologies
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and plans
- Monitoring alpha and beta program installations and feedback
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with Developers, Business Leaders, and Project Managers
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
Nice To Have
- Working knowledge of Python or a similar scripting language
- Experience with mobile apps (iOS and Android) as well as browser-based software
- Experience with Node.js
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
- Familiarity with regression testing