Working alongside the Senior Manager, IT & Administration, the IT Specialist will ensure that Axonify employees are set up for success with their hardware and software. Axonify is a growing company and this role is crucial for ensuring new and current employees’ hardware and workstations are well configured, alongside providing IT helpdesk support and repairing hardware and software from failures.
To be successful in this position, you will demonstrate superb customer service skills, think quickly on your feet and possess a keen analytical eye for solutions. You will also be eager to learn from the Senior Manager and the employees of this fast-paced, mid-sized growth start-up.
If You Enjoy:
- Learning from the best. Our leaders support us, develop us and help us become our best. Our open door and transparent culture nurtures everyone to build their career and develop their skills.
- Working in a modern workplace. We are fast-paced, constantly evolving, and flexible to change. We love our work, but we also love our lives outside of work and Axonify supports this balance.
- Collaborating. We believe our ideas are better together and we encourage trust, respect, and authenticity to support each other. The Axonifam collectively celebrates successes and learns from each other to be even better.
- Being Bold. If you like to challenge convention and be tenacious in the face of uncertainty, Axonify is the place to balance never giving up but respecting when to let go.
- Getting It Done. We work hard through perseverance and taking ownership, but because of our phenomenal positive attitude, we ALWAYS have fun along the way.
You’ll Be Successful At:
- Installing, testing and configuring new computers – Windows 10, Mac OSX, as well as peripheral equipment and software.
- Supporting Active Directory which includes group policies, Primary and Backup Domain Controllers, DNS, and User and Computer objects.
- Using our internal tool (Acronis) to perform computer imaging.
- Managing priorities through ticketing system / IT Asset Management solution (FreshService).
- Modifying configurations, utilities and software default settings for the local workstations.
- Providing IT helpdesk support for hardware and software computing problems for Windows, Mac, and mobile devices. Resolving and/or escalating problems to the satisfaction of end users.
- Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures. Coordinating and communicating with affected end users.
- Monitoring network traffic related to wireless access points and switch configurations.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Supporting commonly used devices such as iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and iPads
- Providing support and training of video-conferencing system and AV presentation equipment.
- Delivering strong customer service whether the Axonifier is in the office or working remotely.
- Assisting the install of anti-virus and supporting end-point.
- Proving you have strong self-direction and initiative; willingness to take complete ownership over specific activities while adapting to quickly changing priorities.
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work to common goals across all levels of the organization.
- Working on special projects as assigned.
- And of course, there will be other duties that support the Axonifam and to further build your skills.
Because You Bring:
- 2+ years working in an IT Support role.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 suite of products, both on Windows and Mac OSX.
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory.
- Familiarity with Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google File Stream.
- Experience with Dropbox is an asset.
- Familiarity with Antivirus and Malware products. Sophos Endpoint Security experience considered an asset.
- Experience with common support tools to provide technical assistance.
- The ability to manage multiple processes, priorities, and demands to successfully meet end-users needs.
- Basic knowledge of TCPIP and networking. Experience with TCP/IP & LAN based networking support and troubleshooting from a desktop support perspective an asset.
- Superb customer service skills that strive to go above and beyond.
- A strong ‘team player’ mentality and excitement about working with Axonifiers at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately by selecting written, spoken or visual material that best suits the situation and intended audience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet to resolve last-minute requests or issues.
Who We Are:
We believe that a great attitude leads to great results, and are looking for people who are bold, tenacious, like to have fun and get it done. We’ve been recognized as a Great Place to Work and we’re proud of the numerous awards won for workplace culture and technology innovation. Our microlearning platform is trusted by global leaders to make sure their frontline employees remember to do the things that matter most to the business. It delivers focused, bite-sized bursts of information in the way humans learn best, wrapped in an adaptive, engaging experience that fits right into the workflow.
How to Apply:
Are you ready to start your career with us? Apply today so we can connect with you to learn more.