Software Engineer Associate
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer Associate– Capital One Labs Kitchener
The Kitchener lab is a team of Software Engineers and Data Scientists who are building new data products for Capital One. Our projects are at the intersection of data and digital experiences, so we are looking some someone who sees the potential in how data can be used to help our customers succeed.
We are looking for someone with a mobile focus, but we are a small DIY team, so you will get a chance to get your hands dirty on the back-end as well, from infrastructure to databases to model building. The opportunity for new challenges is endless.
What you would do:
- Work with a team to create new features for our mobile apps, release features on our Beta app, and analyze the feedback.
- Guide the direction of technical decisions and architecture for new products and designs.
- Talk shop with the team. Sharing and learning from others is a big part of our culture.
- Participate in primary research, pitch new ideas, and digest the feedback from our beta testers. Ideas don’t come from above here, the team is involved in generating and evaluating the projects we take on.
- Cloud everything. No hassle access to servers as big as you need.
- Open Source. The right tool for the right job, no constraints on the tools you need to build something great.
- Extensive enterprise APIs and micro service framework to help you build cool things without reinventing the wheel.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in Android
- At least 1 year of experience using REST APIs to integrate mobile clients to server side systems
- At least 1 year of experience navigating authentication and security patterns
- 2+ years of eperience with AWS
- 2+ years of experience Jenkins or other CI/CD tools