PS Technical Integrations Consultant
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Payment Solutions - Solution Integration Specialist is part of a team of associates involved in customer facing engagements (projects) involving NCR’s suite of check image capture and delivery solutions, including APTRA Passport, APTRA Payments Platform, ImageMark Transaction Manager, and ImageMark Archive. NCR’s solutions are installed in multi-server environments, and can be multi-platform (multiple operating systems and combination of multiple server types). The incumbent is required to perform all technical activities associated with integrating the different hardware, software, and multiple NCR Payment solutions into a single, end-to-end image check processing solution, including deep integration with multiple existing financial institution legacy systems.
For new installations, this involves:
- consulting with customers to determine the best approach for integrating NCR solutions with other third party applications, including IBM Websphere, Oracle RDMS, Microsoft SQL, JAVA Virtual Machines, virtualized servers running Microsoft Windows Server, LINUX, or Solaris operating systems while utilizing various virtualization tools and cloud based deployment technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker containers;
- the installation of operating systems within virtualized environments and configuring each environment to ensure proper performance of the applications installed within each virtualized environment or cloud-based deployment;
- the installation, configuration, and integration of all software (see list provided earlier, and inclusive of NCR’s solution software).
- the troubleshooting of integration and performance issues to isolate the area of concern and guide engineering in acceptable solution;
- training the customer’s system administrators on the technical aspects of the solution, and supporting the customer during the execution of their test plans, as well as the early production periods to ensure that all systems are functioning properly; and
- documenting the customer’s system configuration to ensure the customer and NCR’s Global Support Services team has the information needed for long term support.
- directing other associates engaged in the end to end systems integration activities to ensure the complete solution is delivered on-time, and within established budgets.
For existing systems, the Solution Integration Specialist would be involved in defining and executing the proper technical implementation plan associated with expanding the system for additional volumes, adding new capture applications/streams, and upgrading or replacing existing hardware/software components. Since these systems are used within production, careful planning and coordination of any required system downtime is a must. The Solution Integration Specialist is responsible for documenting the plan, receiving customer approvals, and executing the plan to completion. All changes made to the customer’s hardware/software configuration must be documented and provided to the customer and NCR’s Global Support Services team for long term support.
The successful Solution Integration Specialist will be directly accountable for customer satisfaction as it relates to the delivery aspects of assigned projects. The ability to properly communicate and set customer expectations, deliver on commitments, and manage through multiple high-priority issues simultaneously is critical.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 10 years of experience with integrating several third party applications together to create an overall solution that meets the needs of clients. Integration experience involving web-based applications, databases (Oracle or SQL Server preferred), and virtualized operating systems.
- Working knowledge and experience on Oracle and SQL Server RDBM.
- Proficiency with AIX, LINUX, Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, and Microsoft Windows 7 Operating Systems and related virtualization techniques.
- Experience in Jython and ANT scripting to automate and monitor routine tasks
- Experience in networking (TCP/IP, ethernet, load balancers, proxy servers)
- Experience with https servers (Apache, IIS, others)
- Knowledge of J2EE frameworks (struts, jsf, others)
- Comfortable providing consulting on web service integration projects (WSDL, xsd, xml)
- Comfortable providing consulting on single sign on integration projects (SAML and others)
- Familiarity with JAVA, XML, or other similar languages.
- Familiarity with server clusters and clustering technologies.
- Familiar with disaster recovery and high-availability strategies and solutions.
- Familiar with data/system security and privacy requirements and future trends.
- Knowledge and experience working with item/image processing within the financial industry.
The incumbent must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team, handle periods of high pressure, and managed multiple high priority tasks while meeting customer expectations.
Travel will be required throughout the US and Canada. The candidate should anticipate travel requirements of 60 percent of their time, with peak periods approaching 100 percent, including some weekends (approximately 4-8 per year) and varying shifts/working hours to complete work efforts within customer timeframes for any production related outages.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.