NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Provides senior technical thought leadership for NCR’s Financial Services business unit, product and technology teams to improve the design and operation of systems. Focusing on making them scalable, reliable, and efficient while ensuring performance and high availability of products/services primarily residing in the cloud. Set clear direction and influence the development and implementation of reliable production systems and services to address emerging business needs (such as Cloud-based SaaS). Create robust strategies while advancing the overall design architecture and technology capabilities keeping with new technology standards. An SRE prides themselves on the resiliency and stability of the production systems, yet at the same time is committed to innovation and operational improvement through the application of software engineering practices to operations.
In this role you can expect to:
- Keep current with emerging industry trends, new technologies and best practices occurring in the external market that can guide delivering effective client solutions
- Coach, lead and/or develop others as a mentor or technical leader using your thought leadership and passion
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit
- Takes ownership over and oversee the work of other Engineering professionals as assigned on complex, highly-visible engineering projects
- Provides consultative and strategic guidance to NCR’s executive leadership
- Resolves most unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Can implement a journey for an enterprise to transform; where there is a hybrid cloud/non-cloud element
- Collaborate with developers to design, implement, evolve and support applications in our secure and highly-available, multi-tenant platform.
- Taking pride in the continuous delivery of high-quality, scalable and maintainable applications and infrastructure
- Bridge and own the union between development, quality, security and operations
- Own systems administration and the pipeline from software development to production
- Be passionate about the security, quality and uptime of the systems that power our platform’s infrastructure, as well as all aspects of configuration management and automation – from the code repos though deployment, to production uptime
- DevOps Blueprint/Cookbook Design, creation and execution
- Responsible for maintaining / patching servers supporting SaaS products. This includes Windows Servers, Linux Servers running in in-house Datacenters and/or using cloud PaaS providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Perform application upgrades for multiple NCR SaaS products
- Help develop standards, procedures and guides for managing servers and applications for security and high availability running in PaaS environments.
- Develop / Monitor dashboards to detect problems related to application, infrastructure and potential security incidents on daily basis.
- Participate in Disaster recovery planning and execution
- Track, implement, and measure the correct SLI/SLO/KPIs
- Participate in Audit of working procedures and making changes to meet statutory regulations
- Work with a geographically distributed software engineering teams to support the applications
- 10+ years deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
- 10+ years administering Linux (esp. Ubuntu), including shell-scripting & command-line tools
- 5+ years with cloud virtualization and PaaS
- 5+ years with AWS/GCP/Azure
- 2+ years with VMWare vCloud or vRealize Automation
- 2+ years with Docker, Kubernetes and early versions of OpenShift
- Experience architecting, reviewing, and supporting complex, highly-available infrastructure
- Experience with orchestration, automation, and configuration management tools like git, Fabric and Ansible (or Puppet, Chef, or related technology)
- Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing application servers (nginx, apache, Postgres, Redis)
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.