Title: Principal Quality Enablement Strategist
Location: Kitchener, Canada or willing to relocate to the area
We’re looking for a dynamic, agile, data-driven principal QES to join our Quality Enablement Team and enable the product team to deliver the highest quality software that empowers our users.
We’re a family of 60+ geeks: Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers, and Product Managers, with over 20 nationalities all collaborating in one space. We embody a positive and respectful culture in an inspiring office in the heart of downtown Kitchener.
Our team’s main focus is on Oracle-NetSuite's offering. We apply our deep understanding of HR challenges to enable organizations to SuitePeople engage with their workforce and rapidly respond to changing business conditions.
The Quality Enablement team fosters a quality-driven culture within the product organization by defining best practices, developing testing SuitePeople processes, promoting a better understanding of the NetSuite product, and supporting teams in their testing efforts.
Our company culture:
We help each other and foster collaboration across roles and teams. We lift each other up. We know how to celebrate our successes and learn from our failures. All of our efforts center around delivering value to our customers Ideas are fragile and we consider them no matter how simple or outlandish they may be. We always try to do the right thing – for ourselves, for the product and ultimately for our customers
The person we hire will enjoy:
Regular team events (movies, escape rooms, axe throwing, etc.). A healthy breakfast provided every morning. Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth. Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary. Working in an Agile environment. We can proudly say that Scrum works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, and retrospectives. Board games, card games, video games, and donuts.
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
Being open-minded for discussions and promoting team collaboration. Having pride in your work. Taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of your projects. Proactive and preventative Quality Assurance practices.
Your daily responsibilities:
In this role, you will leverage your experience with delivering quality software products in order to:
- work in partnership with SDITs to improve their quality assurance strategies and practices
- proactively drive quality assurance initiatives across all teams mentor teams on quality assurance practices including but not limited to test planning/strategy, sustainable automation, and risk mitigation enable the team to make data-driven decisions on how to improve product quality strive to be a product expert within the group to help teams identify integration points in the product actively contributing towards the delivery of high quality, testable software, from requirement analysis to acceptance testing
Your qualifications & skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on QA experience Experience with various automation frameworks (i.e. Junit)
- Firm grasp of testing tools and methodologies
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
- Experience coaching and mentoring at various levels of experience
- 5+ years of experience with Java or any other similar Object-Oriented Programming language
- Intimate understanding of SQL and extensive experience with database-driven applications
- Great understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, and web browsers
- Extensive knowledge of Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming Paradigm, and SOLID principles
- Familiar with Domain-Driven Design, clean architecture and Test-Driven Development
- Experience designing and improving complex software applications
- Previous experience working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience testing web applications
Interested candidates should send resumes directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.