Our company, H2O Geomatics, is an earth observation startup based in Waterloo. We use both drones and satellites to provide unprecedented visibility into our planet. We work extensively with both the European and Canadian space agencies, to develop cutting-edge earth monitoring solutions. We have developed the first iteration of our new platform that is revolutionizing the agriculture and insurance industries. Learn more about our company at www.h2ogeomatics.com and check out the platform at www.nxtfarm.com.
For this position, you will become an integral part of our NXT Farm development team and will work on a variety of aspects of our new agriculture platform. This is our first full-time developer role that will be focused on the platform, so this is a great opportunity to get in early and make a massive difference. You will work on everything from optimizing our cloud usage to API development and adding UI features. If you have experience in geomatics or are interested in developing your knowledge of it there will be opportunities to work on algorithm development for processing satellite imagery.
We are looking for someone who is extremely self motivated and is ready to take on a leadership role.
You will be working on a variety of the tasks listed below. You will get guidance and training in any of these areas as necessary but prior experience is of course a plus.
· API Development
· Web app frontend development (html, css, JS)
· Backend development (python, django)
· Working with asynchronous programming using Celery and RabbitMQ
· Opportunity to learn about remote sensing from drones and satellites
· On the job Python experience
· Django experience
· Experience working with frontend dev (html, css, JS)
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
· Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Degree in computer science or related engineering
· Knowledge of API development (Django REST framework)
· Experience with asynchronous programming