NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As a member of Professional Services Retail, the project manager is assigned to project manage solution delivery activities. PM also coordinates solution delivery activities with PS industry program manager and solution architect.
Some of the day-to-day tasks are: (1) creates and manages the Implementation Project Plan and Schedule, (2) schedules and integrates the Development Project Schedule, (3) works with Delivery Partners and Resource Manager to assign project teams, (4) defines and coordinates activities for all internal and external solution delivery resources, and (5) escalates poor team member performance through Delivery Partners.
- Client Relationship Management
- Project Management Best Practices, tools and frameworks
- In-depth understanding of PS NAMER business automation platforms including but not limited to PSA, PS & Software Central & Chatter
- CAPM to PMP certified
- Coordinates cross-disciplinary PS Delivery activities with the Program Manager.
- Completes project tasks, and escalates assignment conflicts and issues.
- Works with PS Delivery leadership team to generate estimates for engagement work.
- Manages the Change Control Process.
- Enforces NCR Global PMO Processes and PS NAMER Methods and proper use of business automation platform.
- Creates detailed PS Delivery project plan including WorkBreakdown-Structures for all development activities.
- Maintain consistent communication with PS Delivery Management on team performance.
- Provides bi-weekly internal engagement status reports to PS NAMER Delivery Partner, PS Industry Partner and Program Manager outlining activities performed and planned, dependencies and risks.
- May perform the additional tasks for some specific projects:
- Create and manage full Implementation Project Schedule.
- Prepare client status reports.
- Working with the IPM to develop the data elements and reports needed to manage project performance.
- Manages PSA project reporting for assigned projects.
- Have in-depth understanding of all project budgets and charges.
- Identifies and manages engagement Risks with Industry Partner.
- Regularly monitor assigned projects completion against schedule and budget.
- Manages project invoices, revenue recognition and forecasting.
- 5+ Years experience as a Project Manager, preference to technical Project Management experience
- Retail industry experience in any vertical e.g. food, drug, mass merchant, convenience, or fuel.
- 1+ Years experience in a customer facing role
- PMP certified preferred or working towards certification
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Retail product knowledge e.g. POS
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.