NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
A talented, personable technical writer who enjoys working with a Software Engineering team. You take pride in your work and are fiercely motivated to getting the job done. You foster relationships, understand technical jargon, and can take input from various resources and convert it into sophisticated technical documentation. If this description describes you, NCR is your place to be!
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Produce high-quality, clear, accurate, and complete documentation with no errors, within established deadlines.
- Organize and prioritize tasks and have exceptional analytical skills.
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Work in an agile development environment and have the ability to gather information for writing assignments from a variety of sources.
- Research and learn new technologies in Technical Communications.
- A university degree or college diploma (BA or MA), preferably in English, Computer Science, Technical Writing, or Instructional Design, with 5 to 8 years of technical writing experience.
- Exceptional English and communication skills.
- Experience writing using a corporate style guide and following documentation processes and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of content/help authoring tools, such as Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare and Adobe Acrobat.
- Sound knowledge of XML and HTML and various help formats.
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment and creating single-source and minimalist content.
- Knowledge of documentation localization processes as well as software usability principles.
- Excellent at reviewing documentation written by other writers to ensure clarity, completeness, accuracy, and overall quality standards.
- Ability to meet target deadlines and project commitments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all project stakeholders in distributed locations.
- Experience working with scrum teams in an agile process.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Knowledge of Development Management tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience working with Scaled Agile such as SAFe.
- Experience creating documentation for web and mobile applications.
- Experience with Swagger.
- Ability to create high quality graphics using tools.
- Ability to create customer-focused content using user personas and customer research.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.