NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Passionate about testing. You want software to work - and work reliably over time. You see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility and opportunity. You don’t see problems; instead, aided by your strong technical and testing skills, you see boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe test automation is fundamental to the success of software. You enjoy being part of a team that is building software solutions that make life easier and more fun! In fact, you're a fun person to be around - you enjoy helping others you grow and develop - making the team successful.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for a Quality Assurance engineer like you.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- You'll help enable new ways for our financial customers to build solutions for their businesses, delivering Omni Channel platforms which allow business transactions to be completed in a dynamic and intelligent fashion.
- You'll participate in requirements reviews (story design reviews) to ensure testability.
- You'll validate all the stories developed by your scrum team and then demonstrate them to the product owners and sometimes the customer.
- You'll define and write the acceptance criteria for all stories for both the automated integration and end to end tests.
- You'll collaborate with "the team" - working with Product Owners, Software Developers, Scrum Masters and Project Managers to deliver solutions and capabilities that exceed expectations.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone who represents the customer and ensures that software enhances the user experience.
- A bit of a perfectionist, but in all the best ways. People trust you to make the right call—quickly and confidently.
- The one everyone wants on their team. You simply bring out the best in other people.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with continuous deployment tools & methodology.
- Experience in quality assurance and testing or software development
- Experience testing web applications with both manual and automated tests.
- Experience troubleshooting test system issues
- A customer first focus to testing – always viewing the product from the customer’s perspective.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- The ability to learn existing and new applications quickly, independently, and with moderate supervision. You figure what you need to do and how to do it, then do it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience leading a small QA team
- Cloud/SAAS, PaaS development experience
- Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Database technologies including Cassandra and Oracle.
- Experience working with high volume transaction systems.
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Test Automation using JUnit/Cucumber.
- Experience with a scaled agile environment, such as SAFe.
- Working knowledge of performance testing and tuning.
- Mobile application development experience - iOS and/or Android.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.