In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As the world’s leading hearing care provider, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
Sonova has more than 14,000 committed employees in over 100 countries, all of whom contribute to something greater than themselves – they transform lives. Join our mission and become part of our team!
In this role you will be responsible for development & verification of Hearing Instrument hardware systems and accessories. This includes sample preparation, research, design/development and prototyping of hearing instrument systems & sub systems. The incumbent also provides technical support to Marketing and Audiology departments, other R&D engineers, manufacturing & service groups.
- Develops and verifies Hearing Instrument hardware systems and accessories, including schematic capture & Flex PCB design, sample preparation and measurement.
- Interfaces with Project Management, Mechanical Engineering & SW developers during development and verification phases of the project.
- Supports the design of electro-acoustic circuits and completes necessary evaluations and prototyping of hearing instruments.
- Analyses and evaluates new hearing aid components and competitor’s products, prepares engineering reports and makes recommendations for future designs.
- Provides support to Marketing with specification generation, technical information and equipment.
- Provides technical support related to clinical trials.
- Researches electronic/acoustic effects related to hearing aids; makes recommendations for design improvements.
- Provides technical support to operations, process and service groups.
- Performs other duties as required by Manager.
The experience you bring:
- Degree or Diploma in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Physics. In the absence of an academic degree, must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in a relevant field.
- Able to lead hardware development projects independently
- Experience in an electro-acoustic engineering capacity in the hearing and/or telecom industry is an asset
- Familiar with acoustics, analog & digital electronics and RF systems
- Familiarity with engineering software including Altium PCB design, LT Spice etc. is an asset
- Experienced in programming an asset (MatLab etc.)
- Good organizational & project management skills
- Exciting and challenging work environment
- Good work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Training and development opportunities
Don't meet all the criteria? If you’re willing to go all in and learn we'd love to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Sonova is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.
Sonova’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.