Environment Management Coordinator
It's banking, the way it should be. At Manulife Bank, we believe banking products are an integral part of every Canadian's financial plan. As one of Canada's youngest banks, we are growing at an unprecedented rate and need people with the skills, energy and drive to maintain our leadership position as an "advisor's bank."
Manulife Bank is a dynamic organization providing quality application development and support in diverse technologies. We are looking for a highly motivated Environment Management Coordinator to join our Application Support and Management team on a regular full-time basis.
The Environment Management Coordinator is responsible for supporting and enhancing our Environment Management Process within Bank IT. Responsibilities include supporting complex test environments with the focus on reliability and availability following standard methodologies and architecture principles. The incumbent will be accountable for ownership and coordination of the Environment Schedule to ensure environments are correctly prepared and are available for testing; including managing scheduling conflicts.
- Manage and coordinate numerous complex non-production environments that support Manulife Bank applications releases and project delivery
- Work with Bank IT and Shared Services teams to ensure environments are stable and available
- Ensure environment schedule is current and it reflects environment allocation, usage, duration assignment
- Collaborate with teams to resolve environment scheduling conflicts or ad-hoc requests
- Proactively plan the environment schedule for future application releases
- Coordinate environment maintenance activities with Shared Services teams and vendors; work with stakeholders to schedule approved down time for planned outages
- Perform Incident Management for environment issues; ensure teams are actively engaged in restoring environments to working state so disruption to users is minimized
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on significant environment incidents and implement changes that will prevent regular recurrence of these issues
- Ensuring effective communication between all Environment Management stakeholders including: Release Management, Deployment and Testing teams
- Continue Service Improvements for Environment Management processes including documentation updates, process streamlining while ensuring governance and control guidelines are in place
- Participate in a production Release Implementation rotation as needed; backup Release Manager and Release Analyst
- Look for opportunities to automate environment management activities
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in a technical environment
- Understanding of system development and support processes
- Understanding of ITIL framework (Incident, Problem and Change/Release Management)
- Very strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Good customer service skills, working closely with both internal team and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management; including ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts
- Excellent organization/prioritization skills.
- Must thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- Works well under pressure and within tight deadlines
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
- Knowledge of application infrastructure and technical platforms
- Knowledge of configuration management tools
- Banking, Financial Services or Insurance industry experience and/or knowledge
- Exposure to any of the following: Gitlab, Java, Progress 4GL, Oracle, MS SQL, Jenkins, Visual Studio, MSBUILD, RAD, WebSphere, and Artifactory
Some overtime will be required due to maintenance and other change activities being performed outside core business hours.