- 101 Frederick Street, Unit 902
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
At Focus21 Inc. we build online experiences with a purpose! We're looking for creative, intelligent and resourceful individuals to join our growing development team.
Focus21 is an applied innovation company. We partner with health and wellness service providers to co-create software platforms and use our collective domain expertise to help our clients make sense of complex data (http://focus21.io/).
We're hiring senior developers to join our project teams and contribute to all areas of development. We're looking for someone who understands software and web development on a general level and is capable of solving problems even in areas they're not familiar with. It's hard to put a number on experience, but we're looking for someone who has more than 3-4 years of experience in the industry and is comfortable taking on challenging tasks, designing features, reviewing code and mentoring junior developers.
Location: We get our best work done together in a collaborative environment. Our ideal candidates can join us on-site in Kitchener, Ontario.
Development environment: We don't tell you how to set up your machine. If you prefer OSX, you can use OSX. If you like Linux, you can install whichever distro you want. You're free to use whatever IDE/Editor you like. Our vim and emacs users work together in relative peace.
Other important things you can expect from us: We believe that no one should ever stop learning. That means we facilitate collaboration, mentorship, and continued education. We also provide benefits (health, dental, et cetera), team lunches, special events, and top-of-the-line equipment.
Extra points if you have experience in the following:
- React and its ecosystem (redux, et cetera)
- Node and its ecosystem (express)
- SQL (we mostly use Postgres)
- GraphQL, Relay
- Cloud architecture (we mostly use AWS)
- General web conventions, protocols and best practices
- General development technologies, languages and principles like shell scripting, general networking, version control and dev-ops (we're big fans of Docker)
- Researching, assessing and recommending technology solutions
- Scrum and Kanban methodologies; quality delivery, building and meeting client timelines is essential
We work primarily on software relating to healthcare, so we place a high value on security and diligence when it comes to passwords, keys, and other sensitive data. Experience working under HIPAA is an asset.
If that sounds like you, send your resume, portfolio and anything else you think we would like to see to firstname.lastname@example.org