Creative and experimental, TD Lab is a unique team within TD Bank, operating out of the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, developing ideas using agile and design methodologies. This lean group of designers, developers, and analysts explores and builds new solutions through ideation, design, prototyping, and tech partnerships, and brings new solutions to test in market. The UX team plays an integral role in defining the products and experiences we create.
The Lead User Experience Designer plays a key role leading solution exploration, design, and development – rapidly bringing new solution concepts to prototype or proof of concept and validating through user feedback. The Lead User Experience Designer also supports and conducts user and market research activities to understand customer problems in advance of ideation. The Designer works directly with peers and with a local development team to help actualize design work. Crucially, the Designer will also work directly with a team of university co-op students through project work and mentorship, providing guidance, knowledge, and support to these colleagues in an accessible way. The Designer will also engage with students in the community, supporting Hackathons, case studies, and other academic partnerships. This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team, learn continuously, unleash your creativity, and move as quickly as your ability.
- Design user flows and experiences that are simple, functional, and elegant
- Work closely with other designers and developers, and at times with TD lines of business to develop extraordinary early-stage products and experiences
- Design highly functional and intuitive user interfaces using design research techniques, including in-field observations, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of user need-finding.
- Use design thinking methodologies, including building personas, storyboards, flowcharts, wireframes and prototypes.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Undergraduate degree in a design related discipline; Graduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience, preferably in digital design, interaction and visual design
- Design experience for mobile platforms
- Experience conducting user research and user testing
- Love of collaboration
- Proven ability to generate assets for build phases
- Strong communication skills to articulate creative and aesthetic choices to team members
- Capable of taking design and performance feedback extremely well
- Able to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones
- Track record of maintaining high quality of designs throughout all phases of a project
- Obsessed with finding the sweet spot between beauty and functionality
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Have experience in guiding real products, for use by real people from an early stage.