Field Application Specialist - Embedded Technologies
Bring your talent, skills and experiences to our team and help us to integrate our next generation of Industrial Automation Solutions and state of art technologies into our customer's systems, the key players in robotics and complex machine building markets.
In this position you will be working with a group of talented engineers and architects from different disciplines and will be exposed to technologies such as safe and standard industrial communication solutions, TSN, OPC UA, Logic and Control among many other tailored made for the Industry 4.0 market.
*Please note that this position does require regular travel, up to 20% of the time, often in Europe but could be anywhere globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively advising and providing after-sale technical support to customers in their integration process of our technologies/solutions
- Participating in development of Proof of Concepts and Demos for shows or other events
- Understanding, supporting and contributing to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures
Extensive internal training courses will be provided on technologies if needed.
Required position Qualifications:
- Electronics, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science degree, diploma, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in embedded software development using C/C++.
- Real time operating systems (i.e. Linux, QNX, VxWorks, ECOS…)
Preferred position Qualifications:
- Knowledge in Industrial Communication protocols used in Industry (EtherNET/IP, CIP Safety, PROFINET/PROFIsafe…)
- Hands on experience in Hardware/software development.
- Competency in general use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate technical information to an audience of any experience level
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Demonstrable initiative toward continuous improvement thorough knowledge of IEC61508 development process
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the molexcareers.com webpage.