Are you as passionate about leading people to grow in their skills as you are about writing finely crafted code? Do you constantly look for ways to build and improve your team's effectiveness?
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Customer Information solutions for health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, ON.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Team Lead who wants to make a difference. Who desires to apply their diverse talents, skills and life experiences to help Athena deliver on its mission. Our products provide unique, flexible and comprehensive solutions for social service agencies. You would be leading one of our teams within the Solutions department as they work to constantly build upon and improve our products for our customers.
What are we looking for?
- A strong people leader with a servant-leadership approach.
- 8+ years of increasing experience in related technical, development, and managerial positions.
- An attitude of continuous learning
- A desire to take on projects of any size, both big and small
- Aptitude for critical thinking
- Experience working with code version tools (eg Git, Github, GitLab, Mercurial or SVN)
- Solid understanding of SQL and Java (all of our products use these as a base)
If you have other skills, both soft and technical, we'd like to hear about those too. Have you worked with servers? Have you taken some leadership development courses? Do you have project management experience? Have you worked with continuous integration tools?
Tell us a bit about yourself and what interests you about this position. Your cover letter and resume can be submitted to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.