SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the Team
Be a part of the exciting world of IoT! SAP Leonardo IoT solutions enable businesses to embed the Internet of Things (IoT) into their line-of-business solutions, enhance business applications with IoT technology, and develop new business models based on their IoT data. And SAP is uniquely positioned to bring IoT data together with business processes. The SAP Leonardo IoT Edge product portfolio enables businesses to deploy powerful microservices at the edge of their networks – with robust offline capabilities to help gain domain-specific insights, monitor real-time events and actions, and execute enterprise business processes locally – even with intermittent connectivity. See the following URL for more information: https://www.sap.com/products/edge-services.html
As part of the SAP Leonardo IoT Edge software development team, you will focus on delivering cloud-managed intelligent edge microservices to reduce the gap between remote IoT machinery, connected workers and the highly-valued business transactions of SAP.
Our team is motivated by principles of user empathy, user experience, best-in-class technology, agile development, and multidisciplinary cooperation. Joining our team will give you a multi-stack development opportunity to apply your creativity while solving interesting and challenging problems with the industry's latest technology.
About the Job
As a key member of a growing and versatile team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to technical design and architecture of next-generation software solutions
- Write good, extensible, and maintainable code in a variety of frameworks and architectures
- Apply agile development best practices using the Scrum Framework
- Maintain a strong focus on quality to ensure successful user experience and customer success
- Collaborate and work as part of a dynamic and motivated team
- Effectively communicate with local and remote teams
- Develop technical skills through mentoring and knowledge transfer
You are looking for more than just a job. You dream big and have a passion for creativity and fun combined with delivering reliable and well tested software that serves a purpose…all within a motivated team who strives for similar goals.
- Have experience in code design, schema design, API design, object-oriented programming, testing and debugging
- Have development experience using one or more of:
- Java, C#, Go, or C/C++
-Technical knowledge in the following areas is an asset:
- Server-side development technologies (Java EE, Spring, Jetty, Cloud Foundry)
- DevOps tooling (Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins)
- Relational and NoSQL database design, administration and use, and OData
- OSGI Java programming
- GIT and GitHub
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross-functional technical and non-technical teams
- Exhibit passion for customer focused software with a commitment to the entire cloud development lifecycle including design, programming, testing, release management, cloud operations and support & maintenance
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience working as a developer
SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
At SAP, we’re huge believers in work-life balance. With us, you’ll find job flexibility and career coaching, without compromising any of your valuable time at home.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Commuter subsidy for your mass transit commute to work
• Lunch on Us meal subsidy
• Venngo discount program
• Free pop, juice, coffee, and tea
• Free daily fruit
• Foosball, pool, and ping pong tables on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.