Fullstack Python Developer (4-6 Month Contract)
Is truLOCAL Right For You?
Founded in February 2016, truLOCAL is an innovative startup and online marketplace that connects health conscious consumers to local suppliers, giving them a more convenient way to access clean, locally raised meat products. Fully customizable and tailored to each individual’s personal lifestyle, all orders are placed online with the ability to select everything from box size to frequency of deliveries, including the contents of each box. Shipping all across Ontario and now with a recent expansion in Alberta and British Columbia, truLOCAL’s goal is to be a game changer in a relatively slow-moving industry
What We Are Looking For:
truLOCAL is looking for a talented Fullstack Python Developer with an imagination, drive and passion for helping to develop code to solve challenging problems. Working out of our Kitchener office, our developer will be working directly with our internal development team. Our ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with the desire to take a code from a concept to a completed project. This candidate will have the drive to tackle big challenges while learning and developing their skillset.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The roles and responsibilities of the Fullstack Python Developer include, but are not limited to:
- Experience creating and modifying e-Commerce systems
- Work in a fast paced Agile environment
- Work along the dev team to design robust REST API
- Create comprehensive tests in an test driven development environment
- Create dynamic web pages using Python and the Django framework
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Create React pages to implement the REST API
- Strong design sense and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Experience with Python and MySQL
- Experience with front end web development and React JS
- Familiar with JSON and RESTful design
- An asset for experience in a test-driven environment
- Must be available as of September 1st, 2019
- Must be available to work in Kitchener, ON office
Think you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you!
Apply today with your resume, and let us know why you’re a great fit for the position.