Limbik integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected video content and engagement data to power data-driven video for leading agencies, brands, media companies and publishers. We combine this data with advanced feature recognition and predictive analytics to guide decisions throughout the creative process and help our clients command a greater share of attention – a methodology we call Content Science®. We are looking for an experienced data scientist to lead our Content Science team. You will be empowered to develop and apply quantitative solutions to inform an array of experts from across the technology and entertainment space. This role will be given direct ownership of key areas of focus for Limbik’s business and responsible for driving efforts related to machine learning and predictive analytics.You will be an archeologist and excavate the hidden insights in Limbik’s data that give our clients an edge when creating video content.
Examples of questions you will help to answer (not an exhaustive list!):
- Potential amount of time a viewer will watch specific content and how that prediction should inform creative decisions.
- Opportunity detection – helping our clients cultivate effective concepts and identify the components that might make them successful.
- Where the hidden demand is from specific audience segments.
- Whether a forecast for a video originated from platform A transfers to another platform B.
- In short, our shared mission is to scale decision-making and opportunity detection and discovery for creative exploration.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop systems and practices that enables Limbik to leverage cutting edge data mining and machine learning techniques.
- Develop machine learning models and methods that are designed for high-impact to our clients’ decision-making.
- Be entrepreneurial and collaborate with clients and other stakeholders to identify potential high-value applications of machine learning technology to video engagement prediction, decision-making and opportunity discovery.
- Research and build new analytical solutions.
- Independently deliver effective solutions to problems.
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Own full-stack technology, from data to product and feedback loop.
- Graduate degree in computer science, applied statistics or related field with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong and comprehensive background in machine learning, including various learning methods.
- Experience implementing and operating production scale software systems that implement sophisticated machine learning or data mining algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java, C++, Python or similar object oriented programming languages.
- Experience with TensorFlow or other open-source ML packages.
- Proven track record of leveraging large amounts of data to solve real-world problems, particularly in the fields of computer vision, NLP and/or social media analytics.
- Desire and willingness to continue growing your capabilities as a data scientist.
- Passion for and appreciation of the creative and digital video industry is definitely a plus.
What do we offer?
- Chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Health insurance plans, dental and vision packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy
- Awesome work environment with the freedom to work remote
As the first Data Studio for video, Limbik combines big data, technology, predictive analytics to power data-driven video for leading agencies, brands, media companies and publishers. With the largest repository of short-form video content, proprietary video annotation models and viewing behavior for millions of people, Limbik guides creative decisions for hundreds of clients globally in their quest to remain relentlessly relevant, increase video performance and command a greater share of attention. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Limbik. Limbik is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.