Copy of Business Development Manager
- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Business Development Manager
Experience: 5 + Years’ experience selling technical products
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to the world’s most innovative manufacturing and distribution companies. Hardware, software, and deployment services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics (www.clearpathrobotics.com) and OTTO Motors (www.ottomotors.com).
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
About the Job
You will be accountable for developing and managing Business Development group for prospecting new business by campaigning, cold calling, networking, or other methods of producing interest from potential clients. Then you will design persuasive approaches and proposals to convert potential clients into business customers. By presenting new solutions to clients, you will develop top of funnel opportunities and work in partnership with Account Executives to turn your prospects into loyal customers. Working with marketing, technical staff, and mid and senior level Sales management facilitates managing the activities of Business Development Reps charged with developing new leads for Clearpath. You will be the primary coach for the Business Development Representatives in the group.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop Outbound lead generation campaigns and design lead capture and nurture processes execute Present new products and services to improve existing relationships
- Prospect for potential clients and convert them into increased business opportunities
- Engage internal and external contacts
- Recognize opportunities for distribution channels, services, and campaigns that will result in sales
- Develop engaging correspondence with prospects which advance the prospect to qualified prospects.
- Ensure all levels of Business Development reps portray consistent positive attitude through monitored Lead Generation processes and methods and direct coaching.
- Follow up on Lead conversion to Sales Qualified Lead with Sales to ensure appropriate prospect targets are correct and qualified as ideal customers
- Research and cultivate an accurate perception of the organization’s mission and goals
- Forecast Lead Generation sales objectives and ensure they are fulfilled by the business development team
- Submit and ensure data is accurate on weekly progress reports
- Attend industry functions, including conferences and association events, and contribute information and feedback on upcoming market trends
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Experienced in managing, recruiting, and training a staff of Business development representatives for Top of Funnel pipeline growth.
- 3-5 years of marketing or sales experience
- Excellent communication and IT fluency
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Personnel development through effective coaching
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current events
- Ability to provide leaderships to a large team of Business Development Reps
- Working knowledge of Lead generation process and implementation of those processed in a technology stack (Salesforce.com a must)
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.