Senior Software Engineer – Kitchener-Waterloo
Are you ready to:
- be a part of a successful, growing, and evolving technology company?
- be at the ground floor of something big?
- stand out and be recognized for your hard work, skills, and contributions?
- work with like-minded, experienced, highly motivated and collaborative professionals?
- advance your career?
- enhance your skill set?
- experience the fintech world?
Competitive compensation is part of this awesome opportunity.
If the above is appealing, then keep reading!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Matera:
Used by more than 100 Financial Institutions and 15 Fintechs around the globe, Matera is now setting up operations in Kitchener/Waterloo. A recognized top employer, Matera is proud of its technology driven roots supported by their best-in-class employees. The incumbent for this position will be Matera's first Canadian employee, so the opportunity to make a difference is huge.
Matera is creative, digital and is transforming the finance, risk management and retail markets with an overwhelming desire to create the future. Among our values, innovation is one of our key features and we foster a collaborative and innovative ecosystem to give life to great ideas. If you want to take part of this digital transformation, don't hesitate to apply!
The Senior Software Engineer in the KW office will be leading Matera’s initiatives in North America. Reporting to a Retail Business Unit Coordinator, the incumbent will enjoy the freedom and responsibilities of working quite independently in Canada with technical support from Brazil. Projects will vary and may include designing customized systems for financial transactions or even work on the company core products. As Matera grows in Canada, this role may mentor and lead more junior staff. The uniqueness of this position makes your entrepreneurial and communication skills as important as your technical expertise. You must be a self-starter!
- Software architecture design, development, testing and integration;
- Design, develop and document application and framework code in Java;
- Identify opportunities for system improvements and bring forward suggestions;
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches;
- Collaborate with colleagues in Brazil;
- Stay connected with the technical community and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and standards;
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior team members, as required.
- In depth knowledge of, and proficiency with, Java.
- Experience designing and implementing web applications based in Java using Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Maven.
- Experience in AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, SQS, S3).
- Good knowledge of Unit tests using JUnit, RestAssured, WireMock and Postman.
- Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Familiarity with Jira, Teamcity/Jenkins;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related;
- 6+ years in software development;
- Demonstrated experience at successfully working remotely and autonomously;
- A proven track record of successfully meeting objectives with strong abilities to organize and prioritize work and manage projects;
- Demonstrated effective English communication skills, verbal and written, and ease with expressing ideas, even if different from others’. Portuguese language skills are an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, respectful, and a genuine eagerness to help others;
- Naturally collaborative and a good team player who is open to others’ ideas;
- Strong objective research and evaluation abilities to identify appropriate solutions to problems;
- Track record of continuous learning to improve both self and the team;
- Previous experience leading technical people is an asset;
- Occasional travel to Brazil and US may be required.
If this unique opportunity aligns with your skills and career direction, then we’d love to hear from you! Matera has engaged Stratford Managers to assist us with this very important recruitment undertaking so we kindly ask that you submit your cover letter and résumé, as one PDF file, directly to email@example.com by Friday August 30, 2019.
Thank you to all applicants in advance. We will be in contact only with those selected for an interview.
Matera is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.