- Software Developer (Java, Python and C++)
- Agfa Healthcare
- Waterloo, ON
- Base+ Bonus+ RRSP matching + full benefits
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
Software Developer (Java, Python and C++)
Our software developers are involved in the full cycle of software development, actively engaged in the design, implementation, automated/integration testing, and maintenance of our software. If healthcare software innovation and quality are your passions, join our growing team as a developer for Enterprise Imaging. You will work directly with experienced developers to implement cohesive and modular interfaces in Python and C++. You will face challenges and be given significant responsibilities. We rely upon the contributions of each team member. In exchange, you’ll get to work with a team of professionals who, like you, have a passion for mixing cutting-edge technology with the delivery of life-saving healthcare solutions.
We are building pathology software using innovative server and viewer technology to assess complex pathology images that will be integrated into Agfa's hospital enterprise imaging solution. This team of developers is located in our high tech R&D facility in Waterloo ON.
As a Software Developer your main responsibilities are to:
- Deliver high quality, innovative software, in collaboration with stakeholders such as product managers, architect, peer developers, testers and support personnel.
- Manage self-directed assignments to implement features and resolve software defects to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality. Apply appropriate diligence for design, software changes and testing.
- Act as an expert resource to the group and organization, demonstrating in-depth knowledge on a breadth of applications.
- Develop and execute unit, integration, and performance test plans and procedures; interface with other software developers regarding the results of tests.
- You have a University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related degree/diploma
- Senior to senior-intermediate experience with Java including design and implementation.
- Should also have solid experience with Python and C++
- A solid understanding of OOA/OOD
- Working knowledge of DICOM, HL7, dcm4chee
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- Good verbal and written communication and knowledge transfer skills
- You are a team player and can also solve problems independently
- You feel confident in an agile work environment using test-driven development
- A solid commitment to quality software development
- JetBrains IDE's
- Software image processing knowledge (image compression, DICOM)
- Familiarity with GUI automated testing
- Experience developing medical software