Tagline: Be a key leader in the design, development and launch of innovative products
Type of Position: Full time
Location: Kitchener HQ, 809 Wellington St. N.
As the Product Manager, you will help develop and launch innovative new products to improve patient outcomes. The new products aim to improve pre-operative surgical planning and post-operative patient recovery. This role reports in to the Research and Development department.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who:
- Possesses a blend of business and technology savviness
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset or experience, taking big vision ideas to reality
- Craves understanding user’s needs and gets excited about intuitive, easy to use product designs
- Is driven to benefit surgeons and their patients
- Prioritize features, projects and initiatives
- Engage directly with the engineering team by providing design ideas and VOC
- Curate customer and market information, including requirements and trends
- Develop and manage relationships with partners and suppliers
- Serve as a product expert
- Manage product feature backlogs
- Engage key opinion leaders and manage relationships
- Engage in pre-sale activities, including testing, internal education and pilot programs
- Advocate for ideas relating to products to upper management, engineering, quality and regulatory teams
- Oversee proof of concept prototyping and piloting activities
- Perform analyses pertaining to the product, business model and the market
- Thoroughly understand the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with the legal team on contracts
- Integrate data strategies
- Conduct product communications
- Successfully launch the right products at the right time
- Make well thought out make vs buy vs partner decisions
- Ensure the production of elegant, simple and effective designs
- Effectively manage pilot programs
Skills and Experience to Enable Success:
- 3+ years of experience within or adjacent to product management
- University Degree in a technical, analytical or relevant field
- Experience with healthcare software products and technologies such as PACS, EMR, Wearables, Patient Engagement Platforms, Surgical Templating, mobile, web, cloud, DICOM etc.
- Exposure to agile software development
- Creative, practical, trustworthy, loyal, and hands on
- Ability to collaborate with all stakeholders
- Ability to pivot with change and operate under uncertainty while carrying multiple options forward
- Excellent business acumen, including risk management
- Get things done mentality with a focus on MVP
Expectations and Employee Experience
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100%
- Be passionate about growth, both personally and professionally and know that we will support you along the way
- Work hard each and every day but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- Be ok with change, this will happen as we scale but this should be seen as exciting and something you want
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion. We have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
*If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you.
**If you are happy, great, we would love to hear from you!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint
- We are improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.
- In a nut shell, Intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, interoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Our product is already being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we are continually expanding into other areas.