Senior Software Engineer - Lead
Tagline: Lead in the development of a software product that truly improves the lives of others
Type of Position: Full time, Permanent
Location: Kitchener HQ, 809 Wellington St. N. Kitchener, ON
As the Senior Software Engineer - Lead, you will be someone the team looks up to because of your technical expertise and software development experience. Your primary focus will be software development but you will play a lead role in architectural design, feature breakdown, ensuring quality (via code reviews), and you will help to facilitate validation and verification. By playing a key role in major projects you will help drive the direction of our features and products.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who is:
- An experienced Software Engineer who has learned the ropes at several companies
- Keen to keep learning and improving both self and team
- An effective communicator that is able to explain complex concepts and designs
- Collaborative and a good team player who is open to others’ ideas
- Software architecture design and development
- Feature design, development, testing and integration
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
- Complex algorithm implementation (image processing, optimization methods, etc
- Documentation (capturing designs and supporting FDA and Health Canada submissions)
Skills and Experience to Enable Success:
- Strong software development fundamentals
- Experience designing and implementing software architecture (MVC and MVVM)
- In depth knowledge of OOP concepts and principles
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
Bonus/Willing to Learn: (if you know some of these, great! If not, don’t worry, we value both knowledge and curiosity and we encourage growth)
- Swift, Objective-C and C++
- Cocoa/macOS development
- Linux scripting
- Continuous integration
- Image processing and Computer Vision
- Linear algebra concepts (transformation/rotation matrices, vector/matrix math)
- Functional, reactive programming (e.g. RxJava, RxSwift)
- 3D Visualization (OpenGL, SceneKit)
- Agile development
- Interested in medical technology and how it can genuinely improve surgical outcomes
Expectations and Employee Experience
- We do not expect to hire someone who fits the position 100%
- We expect that you will be passionate about growth and you can expect that we will support you along the way
- You can expect to work hard but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- You can expect change within our growing company
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- An understanding of how your performance is measured
- Culture = Passion. We have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
*If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you.
**If you are happy, great, we would love to hear from you!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint
- What we are doing is “improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.”
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, our product improves the accuracy of hip replacements
- In a nut shell, Intellijoint HIP® provides surgeons with real-time, interoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas.