DigitalEd: Who are we and what do we do?
Our Möbius platform is a comprehensive online education solution that was designed with the unique needs of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in mind. With a belief that continual learning is a key pillar in building successful societies and a deep understanding of digital education, we’re helping to transform the way the world learns.
With a rich history, we’re excited to continue carving out our own path, and are looking for a QA Developer to join our Engineering team and contribute to the future of online learning.
Automation Development - Testing - Exploration
A QA Developer is primarily responsible for ensuring our platform meets our quality expectations through a combination of manual testing, test automation and development. They are pragmatic, objective and detail oriented with strong communication and teamwork capabilities. They create effective manual and automated test cases that promote our ability to provide customers an outstanding experience with the Möbius platform.
Outcomes & Key Responsibilities: The Impact You’ll Have
- Teamwork: Work cross functionally with DevOps, Support and other teams to deliver polished features
- Test: Support the general testing needs of the team to meet organizational goals
- Automate: Automation first approach to design and development of test plans and test cases, based on functional and design specifications
- Design: Develop and maintain test programs, including test tools and automated test suites
- Plan: Coordinate testing tasks and provide timely and accurate analysis of findings
- Knowledge: Remain current in the latest quality assurance testing technologies, and the ever-evolving needs of our customers, and their customers
Measures of Performance: How You Know You’re Doing Well
- Process Execution: Every project, automation, and testing task is documented and executed to the best of your ability, within the framework of our knowledge, tooling, and experience
- Customer Satisfaction: A desire to ensure extraordinary service and provide an exceptional customer experience, by continually finding the next problem to solve, and solving it well
- Effective Cooperation: Work closely with Customer Support and Development teams to ensure our customers’ needs are met and exceeded
Competencies & Experiences: That Which Makes You Great At This
- You are familiar with release management and testing activities
- You enjoy designing and developing test tools and test cases based on functional requirements
- You have a strong desire to automate tests and routine tasks using Java, Python or another OO language
- You have the ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- You have a thorough understanding of quality assurance methodologies, processes, deliverables and metrics
- Your knowledge includes problem-solving approaches, coupled with strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive
- You are able to see the system as a whole and treat its interconnections with as much attention and respect as the components themselves
The Technical Piece: The Knowledge and Exposure This Role Can’t Operate Without
- Expertise with at least one programming language, with a preference for Java or Python
- using Linux
- designing, writing and automating test cases
- with cloud platforms, preference for Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- with database management (PostgreSQL)
- with test case management (Jira)
- with agile development methodologies (Kanban)
- with SaaS
Tech Stack - What You’ll Be Using
- Bitbucket, Confluence, Docker, Eclipse, GCP, Git Bash, G Suite, Java, Jira, Linux, PostgreSQL and Selenium
The Culture Part - How You Know If This Place Is For You
The spirit of our aspirational culture is rooted in the concept of ‘No Deposit, No Return’. If you don’t put anything into your professional experience, you won’t get anything out of it. To bring this to life, we believe in the pillars of our core values: Customer Orientation, Curiosity, Teamwork, Adaptability, Ownership and Coaching. If any of these words strike a chord, then we’ve got something in common.
Read through this posting and not sure if you’re qualified? Apply anyways. You never know where it could go, and we promise to read and review every application that comes through - with a magnifying glass we like to call the ‘Potential Detector’. Everyone has a great story, and we’d love to hear yours.
Sincerely, The DigitalEd People & Culture Team
PS - We know diverse teams make strong teams, so we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, abilities, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll work to ensure it’s a positive experience for you.