We are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead Engineer. As a QA lead, you will take ownership of the RouteThis testing process, ensure the successful delivery of our technical support solutions to our customers, and in time, become that person who understands our product inside and out.
If you are driven by curiosity, embrace a highly collaborative environment, and approach your work with a continuous improvement mindset, we absolutely want to chat with you.
In this role, you will…:
- Be the voice of quality within the development team
- Develop and deliver automated test scripts, test frameworks, and reusable test code
- Work closely with Development and Product to design and deliver test plans and test cases
- Participate in Agile development process
- Manage overall test coverage
- Track and report testing metrics
- Contribute to code reviews and design reviews
- Troubleshoot coding defects, and verify bug fixes upon resolution
- Coach junior QA engineers and help them develop their testing competencies
What you’ll need:
- Experience in software and testing in Java
- Experience driving end-to-end software quality in production
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or other open source automation tools
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with our tech stack (Vanilla JS, NodeJS, React, Java, Objective-C)
- Experience with Android and/or iOS testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Do you feel like you’re able to tackle this role? Show us what you got! We absolutely don’t expect applicants to check off every box for any of our positions, and welcome you to apply if you feel like you’re an excellent fit.
Who we are:
RouteThis is a young, fast-growing tech company that is changing the way ISPs and Smart Home companies handle technical support around the world. Instead of dealing with frustrating, long support calls where agents are unable to accurately identify issues, the RouteThis platform gives technical support teams the answers they need to immediately identify and resolve customers’ issues -- or help customer to solve it themselves before even needing to call.
Our headquarters are in Kitchener-Waterloo and our customers are all over the globe.
If you want to work on the next generation of network diagnostics that provides a disruptive new approach for tech support teams, you should be working at RouteThis!
- Growth: As a rapidly growing startup, we’re constantly facing new challenges and prefer to promote from within. By working with us, you can jumpstart and shape your career.
- Team: At RouteThis you’ll be working on a highly-motivated team full of the best talent you can find. We’re carefully selective on who we hire as we’re a close team.
- Fun: Monthly team social events, delicious pour over coffee and espresso in the office, or just grabbing a drink at a nearby coffee shop with a coworker. We never forget that work should also be fun.
- Perks & Benefits: We cater lunch every Friday and offer snacks in the office on top of competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
- Location: Located in downtown Kitchener, near a bus stop and the future home of the LRT and transit hub, RouteThis has a prime location if you want to live downtown.
Please note: We thank all applicants for your interest in RouteThis. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
RouteThis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability and we will work with you to address your needs.