Customer Service Representative
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Reporting to the Manager, Tenancy and Operations, the Customer Service Representative is the face of Communitech and first point of contact for visitors, staff and tenants at the Communitech HUB, and the Data Hub. The incumbent is responsible to do the following reception and administrative duties:
Customer Service/Administration Duties
- Respond to telephone/email inquiries for the Communitech Hub
- Greet visitors, following appropriate security sign-in and visitor badge processes
- Share the Communitech story, and make all guests feel welcome
- Handle visitor parking, acting as a liaison between guests and on-site parking enforcement when appropriate
- Respond quickly and effectively to visitor and tenant needs or inquiries (assisting with photocopier issues, delivering mail, etc.) exercising excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies
- Receive and send daily mail, courier packages, other deliveries
- Handle room bookings for meetings (Communitech Hub, Data Hub and tenant bookings)
Administrative Assistant Duties
- Maintain executive's calendar, entering appointments, planning and scheduling meetings.
- Organize and book rooms for executive teleconferences
- Book conferences, hotels, and flight travel when required
- Other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- You are the biggest Team Player out there; you also have great communication and interpersonal skills
- You are calm in a storm, and have the ability to multi-task and organize activities against changing priorities
- You hustle hard - you’re a self-starter, always looking for the next task with ability to think fast on your feet
- You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- You are passionate about providing outstanding customer service to create a five star experience
- Excellent Writing Skills, Scheduling, Organization, Time Management, Travel Logistics
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and G-Suite
- Bilingual in French is an asset
Sound like you? Send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodations to candidates requesting them throughout the recruitment process.