Business Development Executive (Accelerated Sales Training Program)
At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First, we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
- Make an impact
- Drive results
- Remain humble - no job is too small
Bonfire is offering an accelerated opportunity where you will join the Bonfire team as a Business Development Executive with a clear path to promotion into an Account Executive role within 6 months or less. You will gain the experience you need during on-boarding to succeed in a full cycle sales role at Bonfire. You’ll focus on gaining robust product and customer knowledge, development of quality pipeline, co-owning opportunities with AE’s and gain exposure to running discovery calls and demos, all to prepare you to own your own sales pipeline, close business and crush your goals as an Account Executive.
This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your sales career. If you’re in an entry-level sales position now (ex. BDR, SDR or ADR), eager for a promotion and want to work in tech we want to hear from you! You will be prospecting and building pipeline for Bonfire’s industry-leading Strategic Sourcing Platform. We’ll provide support, coaching and the foundation to help you succeed on the business development team and graduate you on to full-cycle sales ownership. Our sales leaderboard is filled with Account Executives that started on the Business Development team - we know this model breeds success and want you to reap the rewards.
What You’ll Do
- Hunt: generate new business opportunities to fuel and maintain a healthy sales pipeline through phone and email prospecting
- Territory Planning: ability to develop and execute on a territory plan and identify key accounts that will impact our revenue goal
- Solution Selling: lead conversations with senior executives to uncover their business problems and articulate the value of Bonfire’s solution
- Product Knowledge: Understanding of the depth and breadth of Bonfire’s solution and can articulate the value over the phone and in-person
- Problem Solving: anticipate and overcome customer objections
- Overachieve: consistently overachieve monthly pipeline and revenue goals as a Business Development Executive and continue your success closing business when promoted to the Account Executive role
- Coachability: to get the most out of this accelerated program you have to be able to take constructive feedback and action it to assume additional responsibility
- Collaborate: continually work with peers, experienced sales staff and leadership to share wins and losses. No egos here.
Who You Are
- Experience in a BDR/SDR/ADR position with expertise in prospecting and qualifying new business opportunities
- Familiarity with technology and the SaaS industry is advantageous
- Track record of hitting 100%+ quota and meeting performance goals
- You've mastered the art of cold calling and email outreach
- You excel and thrive in a hunter role
- You’re extremely motivated and invest the time to get the results in anything you do
- You truly understand the importance of qualifying opportunities
- You are relentless and competitive but also empathetic in understanding customer challenges
- You are a team player - you share both win and loss stories to benefit the team
- You’re always re-examining the sales process and improving it to benefit the customer
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, helping to shape the role as the business grows
- Experience with our sales stack, Salesforce, Salesloft, Gong & DiscoverOrg is a plus but not necessary
Join us now and accelerate your career.