Great Blue Technologies is a software development shop in the Kitchener Waterloo area that specializes in building complete solutions for web and mobile applications and the backend cloud systems that power them. We’re growing our remote team and are looking for an entrepreneurial minded developer.
We work with an array of clients building solutions for many industries ranging from innovative startups in the Kitchener Waterloo community to large scale construction companies. Working in dynamic projects like these requires the successful incumbent to be able to prioritize and manage their time effectively and quickly learn new technologies.
We’re looking for a motivated Software Developer with the following qualifications:
- Must have a University level degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical degree/ diploma with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
- Must have experience building web applications with at least one of the following languages: Node.JS, .NET, PHP, Python.
- Must be familiar with relational database design and SQL.
- Must have experience using a source control system such as GIT, SVN, or any other.
- Must be self-driven and highly motivated with the ability to work in both a team and individual environments and meet deadlines.
The following are not required but considered an asset.
- Experience deploying cloud applications in AWS, Azure, Heroku, etc.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Experience working remotely/ telecommuting.
We’re currently working on projects using the following technologies:
- Backend technologies: Node.JS, .NET
- Front-end: HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, jQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap/Material Design, etc.
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services, Linux, Virtual Private Servers, Heroku
- GIT Source control via BitBucket
- Competitive Salary.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Flexible hours.
- 3 Month Contract with potential to renew.
- Challenging & Rewarding Projects.
- Opportunity to expand your skill set and learn new technologies.
- The position is a remote position where you will telecommute. A co-working desk can be made available in Kitchener’s downtown Innovation District.
Apply Below with your Resume/CV and Cover Letter by Sunday July 2nd.