Hiring Interns - Software Engineers for Summer 2020
Software Engineering Interns Wanted!
Broadway Technology is recruiting college students to intern in our Waterloo, ON or Austin, TX offices in the summer of 2020!
Broadway Technology is a software company that builds and sells high-performance distributed systems that make the business of trading and transacting money (and other financial assets) easier, faster, safer, and smarter for everyone involved. Our technology makes it simple to create, combine, and extend large-scale, high-performance intelligent systems in ways that were never before possible.
As pioneers within our industry, we search universities to find top talent and strive to build the next generation of thought leaders. People who are naturally compelled to figure out what works and why - enthusiastic crafters, outside-the-box thinkers, and brilliant self-starters. No stuffy corporate office. No dress code or business attire (unless that’s your thing). No endless meeting schedules. We build amazing software that solves real-time problems with some of the greatest thinkers around the world, and we love doing it.
What do we do?
We are a tech company that builds, deploys, and manages end-to-end high frequency, low-latency, distributed systems to allow some of the largest banks in the world to do around the clock algorithmic trading. We build the software and provide APIs to allow those banks to focus wholly on what they do best: modeling and predicting the direction of the market based on real time data that flows through our applications.
What can you expect?
Next summer you’ll join Broadways’ Internship program, which will begin transforming what you have learned in the classroom into skills necessary to become a professional software engineer. No pushing paper or filling coffee mugs here. Our top execs and technical experts will teach you what we do and how we do it. You’ll work directly on the frontlines as part of the development team, creating and releasing Broadway products to our customers.
What will you do?
- Work in C++ and Python to design, implement, and release state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high performance, globally distributed systems related to automated trading
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects on time
- Perform unit and system level testing on your application and all affected systems
- Connect code to solve business problems
- Collaborate with client-facing technical consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs
What do you bring?
- Determination to problem solve independently through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong ownership mentality with a results and deadline driven attitude
- Motivation to learn about the dynamic Fintech industry, a passion to master new technologies and push technological boundaries
- Drive your career – we are a culture of self-starters and problem solvers who work independently in a collaborative, project-driven work environment
- Contribute today! You’ll be making an immediate impact and have the opportunity to see your work being used by some of the worlds’ largest financial institutions
- Be mentored by top industry technical leaders to ensure effective coordination and integration between interrelated projects
- Collaboration in a high-performing team environment – you’ll get visibility into all areas of Broadway’s business and won’t be siloed
- Not a stuffy corporate culture! We are deeply committed to building a company that empowers people to think outside the box and make an impact
- Monthly housing stipend given to all interns
- Roundtrip travel to and from (either) our Waterloo, ON or Austin, TX offices
- Free lunch, snacks and drinks every work day
More About Broadway Technology
Broadway Technology is a software company that builds and sells low-latency distributed systems, primarily for use in financial applications like trading bonds, fiat currencies, and cryptocurrencies. Our software has powered the world’s most critical systems at top financial institutions and controls well over $125 trillion in business annually across five continents. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity.
Founded in 2003, Broadway has nearly 200 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, Waterloo, Toronto and Christchurch. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures.
We take a rapid, methodical approach to development; and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs, yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.