Full Stack Developer
Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation, collects rich location, engine and vehicle behavior data to provide valuable insights for customers. Geotab is deployed worldwide in over 130 countries and is utilized by more than 40,000 customers around the globe. Collecting over 4 billion data points daily, Geotab is utilized by fleets both large and small to better manage their light-, medium- and heavy-duty vehicles as well as the latest available electric vehicles. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is rising to the challenge. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, visit us at careers.geotab.com or follow us on @InsideGeotab.
Who we are looking for:
Geotab is always looking for amazing technical talent! People who can contribute to our current software development efforts and deliver results! Geotab is actively seeking a person who has studied a software engineering or programming degree at university level who will be able to quickly contribute to the development team. The ideal person should really love technology, be passionate about creating software, and be keen to join a leading edge technology firm! If you feel like we have described you, then we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position?:
As a Geotab Full Stack Software Developer you will work intimately with the various Geotab internal systems. You will be writing code to re-develop multiple backend systems. You will be programming primarily in Angular, Node.js, Typescript, React, and SQL queries to process information. As a Geotab developer you are an all rounder with many technical skills, familiar with Git source control system and debugging tools. You will also use your strong communication skills to collaborate with Geotab’s Administration, Development and Marketing teams through various projects.
Duties, Tasks and Essential Functions:
- Working alongside product owners to translate customer needs into technical action
- Designing feature solutions from concept to implementation that satisfy our customers’ requirements and whose performance can be continuously measured in production
- Ensuring that the code you write can be used as an example for others on the team
- Accepting feedback from others on the code you write and giving feedback on code produced by your fellow team members
- Constantly looking for ways we can work better, and then advocating for and promoting your ideas
- Demonstrating ownership of your code by troubleshooting, debugging, and fixing issues when things go wrong
- Coaching and mentoring members on your team
- The technology stack you’ll be working with includes (but is not limited to): Node.js, Typescript, React, Angular, Dynamo, SQL Server, Kafka, python, java and AWS.
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and supporting scalable systems in a production environment.
- Expertise optimizing SQL databases and designing supportable schemas
- A passion and curiosity for learning new things
- Great interpersonal skills and a passion for working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team setting
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
A focus on electric vehicles, which are both exciting and an important solution for climate change mitigation
Being part of a world-class technology team
Having a small company feel while being part of a global leader with offices in 7 countries
Table Tennis at the office! Bring your own bat!
Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
Hot lunch or fresh sandwiches served every Friday
Full medical benefits & 4% company matching retirement savings plan
Our Core Values:
Geotabbers innovate and seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We love being ahead of the curve, using leading technology, and being agile in every way we do business. We work hard, and we definitely play hard. From the CEO - to the staff - there is an open-door policy for all of us to freely communicate. Geotabbers are dynamic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. We own our work and take responsibility in a true entrepreneurial spirit!