Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation, collects rich location, engine and vehicle behavior data to provide valuable insights for customers. Geotab is deployed worldwide in over 130 countries and is utilized by more than 40,000 customers around the globe. Collecting over 4 billion data points daily, Geotab is utilized by fleets both large and small to better manage their light-, medium- and heavy-duty vehicles as well as the latest available electric vehicles. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is rising to the challenge. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, visit us at careers.geotab.com or follow us on @InsideGeotab.
Who we are looking for:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a software developer to build innovative new features into the FleetCarma product. If you love technology, are excited about working in a data-driven environment, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
As a Software Developer who will be focused on developing innovative features into our core products, leveraging your skills in object-oriented programming and relational database experience. Our work is often broken into week long sprints, with the agility to move between multiple projects as priorities change. Each project will vary in size and scope, hosted into the Microsoft Azure Cloud environment. You will be joining an established team and upon joining your input will help shape the future of our software product.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Listen to design discussions and make detailed notes and documenting requirements and technical design
- Perform quality assurance by doing peer review, ensuring coding standards are followed, looking for logic errors and other bugs
- Analyze call stacks, trace files, performance data to troubleshoot and identify root cause of bugs
- Participate in development of prototypes and proofs of concept
- Provide assistance to our staff and customers from a technical perspective. This may be in the form of ad-hoc questions relating to how certain features work or verifying the behaviour by reviewing code
- An individual who is organized, with excellent time-management and communication skills
- Experience with an object-oriented coding language such as C#, Java, Ruby, with demonstrable knowledge of object oriented design
- Relational database experience, MS SQL preferably
- Experience working within a distributed system architecture
- A passion for software development, and collaborating with team members towards a shared goal
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
A focus on electric vehicles, which are both exciting and an important solution for climate change mitigation
Being part of a world-class technology team
Having a small company feel while being part of a global leader with offices in 7 countries
Table Tennis at the office! Bring your own bat!
Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
Hot lunch or fresh sandwiches served every Friday
Full medical benefits & 4% company matching retirement savings plan
Our Core Values:
Geotabbers innovate and seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We love being ahead of the curve, using leading technology, and being agile in every way we do business. We work hard, and we definitely play hard. From the CEO - to the staff - there is an open-door policy for all of us to freely communicate. Geotabbers are dynamic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. We own our work and take responsibility in a true entrepreneurial spirit!