Senior Software Manager
Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation, collects rich location, engine and vehicle behavior data to provide valuable insights for customers. Geotab is deployed worldwide in over 130 countries and is utilized by more than 40,000 customers around the globe. Collecting over 4 billion data points daily, Geotab is utilized by fleets both large and small to better manage their light-, medium- and heavy-duty vehicles as well as the latest available electric vehicles. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is rising to the challenge. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, visit us at careers.geotab.com or follow us on @InsideGeotab.
As Senior Software Manager for Geotab’s SmartCharge Rewards platform, you will be ultimately responsible for the health of both the team and cloud product by ensuring that the team is delivery high quality features to our customers, while building the skills and capacity of the teal leads and individual contributors in the organization. To be successful in this position, you will be a strong multi-tasker with excellent leadership and a strong interest in delivering a consumer product with an enterprise back end. This role is based in Waterloo. This job is particularly suited for individuals with an interest in mentorship, collaboration, team-building, and team management. Qualified candidates must also have strong software development background in a team environment.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Drive software team culture via mentorship activities, identifying areas of improvement as needed and providing opportunities for growth
- Forecast and manage team resourcing
- Apply a principled agile software development methodology to the organization
- Be the primary facilitator between the ‘business’ and the software teams.
- Participate in various cross-functional meetings, removing roadblocks for team members as required
- Ensure we are maturing our product and team development policies in a pragmatic and thoughtful way
- Role will report to a VP and manage multiple team leads on a day to day basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related
- 5+ years developing software in an agile environment
- 2+ years of management experience in software development
- Advanced written and communication skills
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
A focus on electric vehicles, which are both exciting and an important solution for climate change mitigation
Being part of a world-class technology team
Having a small company feel while being part of a global leader with offices in 7 countries
Table Tennis at the office! Bring your own bat!
Stocked fridge and healthy snacks
Hot lunch or fresh sandwiches served every Friday
Full medical benefits & 4% company matching retirement savings plan
Our Core Values:
Geotabbers innovate and seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We love being ahead of the curve, using leading technology, and being agile in every way we do business. We work hard, and we definitely play hard. From the CEO - to the staff - there is an open-door policy for all of us to freely communicate. Geotabbers are dynamic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. We own our work and take responsibility in a true entrepreneurial spirit!