Marketing at Communitech means doing everything in our power to help our member companies grow and to promote the growth of our tech ecosystem. And to that end, Communitech Marketing plays a critical role as a champion of the ecosystem and an amplifying voice for our member companies.
Communitech is looking for a passionate, creative digital professional with strong technical skills to join our team as Digital Marketing Lead. The successful candidate will thrive on variety, enjoy a flexible, fast-paced environment, and work closely with a team of like-minded individuals to tell the world how awesome our tech companies are and promote Waterloo Region as a leading innovation hub.
As a senior member of the team, reporting to the Director of Marketing, you’ll partner with colleagues in project management, branding, marketing, communications, events and IT as well as external partners to strategize, develop and execute effective marketing programs.
You’ll get to:
- Use your broad marketing skill set, including web design and digital marketing management to co-create strategy, then execute on a redesign of Communitech persona- and journey-based websites
- Build a new web experience that highlights our member company successes and tells a powerful ecosystem story
- Establish a methodology to continually refresh a dynamic web presence for Communitech and its programs
- Work with Marketing Project Managers to consult, build and execute on the go to market plans for programs that fulfill Communitech OKRs, including creating assets that support those programs as well as online and satisfaction measures to help define success and set the path for continuous improvement
- Be a team player, supporting the efforts of the marketing specialists with digital campaigns while helping to manage online channels
- Help build intuitive experiences across all marketing efforts by putting the customer at the centre of everything we do
- Build strong relationships and partner across the organization
- Monitor similar organizations, partners and industry best practices (design, technical and integrated online presence) and develop a strategy to ensure a world class online presence for Communitech
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities at once
- Support the Director of Marketing in the creation and management of the marketing
- Be a Communitech ambassador, building relationships in our tech ecosystem to support the work we do; representing Communitech at events, as needed
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a digital marketing generalist with awesome skills in web content design and management, SEO and social media management
- Your talent for web design to create amazing user experiences
- Proven expertise in website content management tools like WordPress and Unbound
- Awesome marketing writing and proofreading skills to consistently convey the personality and voice of the Communitech brand
- Experience partnering with agencies and vendors, clearly articulating the brand to help them build successful campaigns for the organization
- Experience using data and research to inform decision making and measuring outcomes
- You understand and care about the big picture and the finest details
- Expertise in the Adobe Illustrator suite, proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office suites
- Post-secondary qualifications in digital marketing, marketing or other related field
- A growth mindset: you are comfortable learning and using a variety of tools and are on the lookout for new tools to improve the work of the team, and you are in the know on the latest in brand and marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that persuade and inspire others
- You have the capacity to work when the work needs to be done
It would also be great if you have:
- UX certification
- other multimedia talents, like photography and video skills
Sound like you? Send us your resume and some of your work that best showcases your talent to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodations to candidates requesting them throughout the recruitment process.
Communitech is an industry-led innovation centre in Waterloo Region. Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1,400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video!