At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
At SSIMWAVE, we are striving for the aspiring goal of multiple releases per day from the trunk with tight feedback loops so that we can foster an environment of experimentation. We are building SSIMWAVE’s first SRE team, and you can be at the forefront of the implementation. In this role, you will collaborate with the Engineering and Operations teams to build safety and quality-focused tools that enable our product delivery goals. You are a curious generalist with broad experience in building and maintaining software products at a large scale.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Building tools that enable the fast release of the product in a safe and quality-focused manner
- Acting as a mediator between the development and operations teams, using well-defined Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and measures for decision-making
- Architecting our Cloud-based solutions for long-term growth (currently AWS and GCP)
- Building a world-class monitoring system for multiple products running on multiple on-premise and Cloud networks
- Augmenting our Managed Detection and Response service for end-to-end security monitoring of our corporate and customer data
Skills and qualifications:
- Building and deploying large-scale applications in containers and on bare metal (we use Kubernetes, Terraform and Ansible)
- Monitoring large-scale applications (we use Prometheus and Fluentd)
- Extending and using a Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline
- Securing distributed applications
- Intermediate experience with Python or Go
- Operational experience with Linux (RedHat or Debian)
- Networking large-scale applications (DNS, load balancers, firewalls, HA, etc.)
- Building and testing software at scale (we use Bazel)
- Data streaming platforms (we use Kafka and Flink)
- Traditional relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and modern analytic databases (MemSQL, Influx, Redis)
Missing a few of the requirements and not sure if you’re qualified? Let us be the judge, submit your resume!
Benefits and Perks:
- Dynamic work environment
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Office Perks: Monday lunches and a fully stocked “kitchen”
- Monthly Massage therapist visits on site
SSIMWAVE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At SSIMWAVE, we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.