At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual agile environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You care intensely about delivering results and do what needs to be done to make your team successful. You crave seeing your work matter to your team and your customers.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Research, develop and test core video image processing algorithms, such as motion detection, object detection and tracking, content classification, scene-change detection, impairment detection and classification, etc
- Develop prototypes including hardware control and image analysis tools
- Collaborate with a team of researchers and conduct academic and applied research
- Document and present the new algorithms and implementations in various forms, such as technical white papers, blogs, etc
- Communicate and coordinate with relevant teams (research, development and product teams) during all phases of technology development and technology deployment
- Plan and manage time, tasks, milestones and resources to meet project objectives
- Evaluate and integrate image processing modules into existing products with robustness and test automation in mind
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer/Systems Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 3 years experience with real time video image processing
- Knowledge and experience with C, C++, Matlab and Python
- Power user of Matlab or Python/numpy and proficient in C/C++ programming
- Debugging abilities using software and lab equipment
- Experience developing image analysis on mobile (processor/memory constrained) systems
- Deep expertise in one or more areas of Image Signal Processing, Computer Vision and Deep Learning
- Solid research background in image/video analysis, processing and synthesis, or related fields; proven track record of publications in first-tier conferences and/or journals is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced degree in image processing, computer vision, or deep learning fields
- Hands on development experience in multimedia open-source frameworks like FFmpeg, Gstreamer, OpenCV
- Hands on development experience of AI open-source framework, e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch (Caffe2), Keras, Caffe and Theano
- Hands on experience of video encoding/transcoding, video streaming, and video player development
- Experience with AR, Computer Vision, MediaProcessing Pipeline
- GPU acceleration of image processing algorithms using CUDA or other frameworks
- Knowledge or experience in video delivery workflow and cloud computing
- Knowledge or experience in video quality assessment
- Agile Software Development methodologies
- Skilled and innovative problem solver
- Machine Learning techniques
- Real-time processing techniques
- Convolutional Neural Network design and training
- Previous knowledge or interest in video standards and containers
Missing a few of the requirements and not sure if you’re qualified? Let us be the judge, submit your resume!
Benefits and Perks:
- Dynamic work environment
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Office Perks: Monday lunches and a fully stocked “kitchen”
- Monthly Massage therapist visits on site
- Beer on tap
SSIMWAVE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At SSIMWAVE, we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.