At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
As a senior member of the Engineering team, you will help create the platform upon which SSIMWAVE’s solutions are built and new ideas are imagined. You should be comfortable and enjoy working using new and cutting edge technologies to solve complex problems.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Developing the platform used by SSIMWAVE’s end-user applications
- Working with modern and emerging data streaming technologies and frameworks
- Work as a member of an experienced and highly motivated engineering team
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining developing and evolving software in an agile development environment
- Provide technical leadership and assume responsibility for code quality
Skills and qualifications:
- Proficiency and professional development experience in Java and experience with object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience developing scalable and high-performance software
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience working on/with Agile teams
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, Story Point Estimation, TDD, ATDD, CD etc.
- Familiarity with data-streaming technologies (Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Flink)
- Experience designing, implementing and working with REST APIs
- An understanding of modern microservice-based event-driven architectures
- Experience with and interest in functioning as Scrum Master/Agile Coach
- Experience with and interest in people management (servant leadership, mentoring, coaching, career development etc.)
Missing a few of the requirements and not sure if you’re qualified? Let us be the judge, submit your resume!
Benefits and Perks:
- Dynamic work environment
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Office Perks: Monday lunches and a fully stocked “kitchen”
- Monthly Massage therapist visits on site
- Beer on tap
SSIMWAVE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At SSIMWAVE, we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.