At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual agile environment that challenges you to deliver the best. You care intensely about delivering results and do what needs to be done to make your team successful. You crave seeing your work matter to your team and your customers.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Collaborate with other software team members to write high performance and scalable video and data processing systems
- Produce high-quality, maintainable and testable codes to enable scalable growth and customer success
- Own your work from inception to deployment, driving the full software lifecycle
- Contribute to the successful execution of an agile/scrum projects
- Help to build a world-class development team through knowledge sharing and co-mentorship
- Work closely in a fast-paced scale-up environment with executives and customers
Skills and qualifications:
- 3-5 years Software development experience in C/C++ and object oriented design and implementation
- Experience in standard software development methodologies
- Experience with multi-threaded and asynchronous environments
- A thorough understanding of the C++ standard library
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Be passionate about developing high quality, robust software
- Exposure to real-time data processing.
- Exposure to video processing algorithms and libraries such as FFmpeg, LAV
- Familiar with Directshow filters
- Exposure to data streaming technologies (Kafka)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Scripting skills (bash, Python)
- Experience using git for version control
- Proficiency working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with and designing software for virtualisation and containerisation technologies (KVM, VMWare, Virtual Box, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Open community participation such as StackExchange, GitHub
Missing a few of the requirements and not sure if you’re qualified? Let us be the judge, submit your resume!
Benefits and Perks:
- Dynamic work environment
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Office Perks: Monday lunches and a fully stocked “kitchen”
- Monthly Massage therapist visits on site
- Beer on tap
SSIMWAVE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At SSIMWAVE, we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.