At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Use web services to integrate UI with back-end technologies
- Lead the adoption and assessment of new technologies
- Build software with high code quality principles to allow for easy future modification and maintainability
- Write and maintain automated tests to retain software quality
- Assess UI/UX design for technical feasibility
- Work collaboratively with the UX department to help improve UI/UX designs by suggesting alternative ideas, implementations and techniques
- Work closely with cross functional agile team members (e.g., back-end developers, testers, DevOps, etc.)
- Drive technical best practices for UI Developers
- Participate in weekly UI focused discussions to ensure alignment of development methods
- Mentor fellow Developers on coding practices
Skills and qualifications:
- Software experience in:
- HTML and CSS
- Writing REST web services
- Experience writing and maintaining automated tests
- Creating and documenting software designs
- Experience researching and assessing software technologies
- Be passionate about building meaningful, high quality software
- Strong leadership skills and prior experience with mentoring, coaching and influencing team members
- Experience using Vue.js
- Experience in UX Design for both desktop and mobile applications
- Scripting Skills (e.g., bash, Python)
- Experience using Git for version control
- Proficiency working in a Linux environment
- Open community participation such as StackExchange, GitHub
Missing a few of the requirements and not sure if you’re qualified? Let us be the judge, submit your resume!
Benefits and Perks:
- Dynamic work environment
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Office Perks: Monday lunches and a fully stocked “kitchen”
- Monthly Massage therapist visits on site
- Beer on tap
SSIMWAVE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At SSIMWAVE, we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.