The Java Developer works within the Quality Assurance/ Engineering team and contributes to developing test automation frameworks and strategies with a continuous improvement approach. You will contribute to the development, enhancement and rollouts of releases, while supporting and collaborating with peers with scripting and code reviews.
Here are some highlights of tasks you would be completing:
- Design creative automated solutions to complex testing problems
- Take an existing automation framework and augment it with new features while bringing automation forward
- Maintain effective communication with the development team, product managers and project managers on all changes coming from development in regards to capabilities, performance and any project limitations
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging while maintaining defect tracking
- Review solution design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Actively participate in core team meetings and daily meetings with the system test team
- Adhere to Agile design principles – we follow a scrum methodology
What skills you need to have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science Degree
- Minimum 3 years of Java development experience
- Demonstratable experience with technologies like Jenkins, Git, SQL, Docker, and cloud (AWS/Azure)
- 2 years of experience in a test automation developer role
- Experience creating, augmenting, and/or maintaining test frameworks
- Experienced in automated test planning, design and execution methods
- Ability to generate automated tests using Java, Junit, TestNG, XCTest, or Espresso
- Skilled in using scripting languages (eg. Python, Perl, Bash) to automate tasks where appropriate
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and testing principles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work both independently and within a team
- Comfortable mentoring others in frameworks, test development and execution, and test process
- A strong advocate for Test Automation
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Strong analytical skills, an investigative attitude, and an open mind
- A genuine interest in test automation, career advancement, and improving personal knowledge
Why you should join us?
- We’re an innovative technology leader, looking to take over world domination!
- We want to see you grow and do great things! We’re committed to your personal and professional development.
- Company paid group benefits program, with no waiting period.
- Great vacation policy - plus, sick and personal days, too.
- We want to celebrate you – enjoy a paid day off on your birthday!
- Free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets.
- Our ‘Culture Club’ rocks – we work hard AND play hard!
Want to learn more? Become a member of our Talent Community! Apply for this role, and others here.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations. We thank everyone who expresses interest. All resumes will be reviewed, however will reply based on priority of those who meet the experience and skills requirements for the role.